WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default VIDEO: Long Trail - Part 3

In part 3 I wake up at William B Douglas shelter, make my way to my food cache near Rt 11, then up and over Bromley Mountain. After that I meet up with Tom and his Notch....Bad Tom, No Good Tom, Mad Tom, I don't like Tom or his Notch The temperature went into the mid to upper 80's, hot and humid and I was out of water. I did pass by Peru Peak shelter and spent a memorable night at Griffith Lake. After an overnight visitor, I make my way along the trail enjoying spectacular weather....until I get to White Rocks Mountain. There I encounter a late afternoon thunderstorm that left my lips tingling and my heart racing. The night ends having met Tortoise and Hare at Greenwall Shelter, 2 AT thru hikers that are near the front of the pack for 2015 AT Thru Hikers. They are a very nice young couple, but...something was fishy about one of them.

Thanks for watching,

Rob

Visit Backpacking Adventures and enter your pictures into our monthly contest!

Check us out on YouTube or FaceBook

Thanks for posting another episode! I especially appreciated it today, since today marks the one year anniversary of the start of my Long Trail Thru hike last year, and so today I was pining for the trail more than usual. Glad to see you are having so much fun. Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by North Star View Post
    Thanks for posting another episode! I especially appreciated it today, since today marks the one year anniversary of the start of my Long Trail Thru hike last year, and so today I was pining for the trail more than usual. Glad to see you are having so much fun. Keep up the good work!
    Thank you, probably hard to imagine a year has passed. I know how I get nostalgic thinking back on great times. I will be working on the final part of this series during the week then...I head back to the trail for Division 6 this weekend then 7 and part of 8 the following. I can't wait.

Thanks for the note!

- Rob

Great report, thanks for sharing your experiences!!!!
    "I told my Ma's and Pa's I was coming to them mountains and they acted as if they was gutshot. Ma, I sez's, them mountains is the marrow of the world and by God, I was right". Del Gue

Quote Originally Posted by double d View Post
    Great report, thanks for sharing your experiences!!!!
    You're more than welcome. I appreciate the comment and I am glad you enjoyed it. I hope to have part 4 (the last from this 8 day trip) up on Father's Day morning.

- Rob

++ New Posts ++