WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default VIDEO: Long Trail - Part 2

In part 2 I finally arrive at Goddard shelter after a 22 mile day. I get a good nights sleep, meet the Wonder Twins (as I call them) and head off for Story Spring shelter. My stop at Glastenbury Fire tower was amazing. After a great night at Story Spring, with popcorn, I head for Stratton Mountain for a visit with Hugh and Jean, the caretakers there. After an afternoon nap in my Half-Wit hammock at Stratton Pond shelter I make my way to William B. Douglas shelter for the night.

Thanks for watching,

Rob

Visit Backpacking Adventures and enter your pictures into our monthly contest!

Check us out on YouTube or FaceBook

Loved the second installment! Keep them coming. (I check back almost every day to see if you've posted another)
    Thank-you for doing this project. Anyone who has hiked it will recognise so many scenes. Those who haven't hiked it will more than likely feel the tug of the trail.

-North Star

Quote Originally Posted by North Star View Post
    Loved the second installment! Keep them coming. (I check back almost every day to see if you've posted another)
    Thank-you for doing this project. Anyone who has hiked it will recognise so many scenes. Those who haven't hiked it will more than likely feel the tug of the trail.

-North Star
    The allure of the Long Trail is strong for me (and many, many others)! Thank you for watching and leaving the note. I find it very rewarding to know I have re kindled a memory via the trip reports. I am working on Part 3 each night. I am finding these videos much longer to edit as opposed to my others, can't explain the reasoning. I hope to have it up by the weekend.

Best wishes.

- Rob

Clueless Weekender
    Journal Entries

Hey, Rob, your videos make me want to go try that trail!

Not this year. After I go back and finish the piece of the NPT that I missed. Which I also got the idea of doing from your videos.

(And I can't do it with Duct Tape when he's going in a couple of weeks, because my wedding anniversary comes first. Unfortunate scheduling, that.)
    I always know where I am. I'm right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Another Kevin View Post
    Hey, Rob, your videos make me want to go try that trail!

Not this year. After I go back and finish the piece of the NPT that I missed. Which I also got the idea of doing from your videos.

(And I can't do it with Duct Tape when he's going in a couple of weeks, because my wedding anniversary comes first. Unfortunate scheduling, that.)
    Thanks Kevin! Family first although a trip with the Sausage King is hard to pass up. I know you will eventually get to share the trail with him, and eat well you will! Buy your guide book, the LT is a winner

Rob, you are a goofball. Do not disturb the survey marker. Very disturbing.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    Rob, you are a goofball. Do not disturb the survey marker. Very disturbing.
    Growing older but not up! Thanks for watching. Did the resupply intel help?

Quote Originally Posted by 12trysomething View Post
    Growing older but not up! Thanks for watching. Did the resupply intel help?
    Absolutely. Waiting for installment 3.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

++ New Posts ++