WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default best 3-4 days hike

Hi,

I'm planning a 3-4 days in the Whites this summer and I would like to know the best "day hike" in that region. The trail must be feasable in 1 day ( I will stay in a camping by night).
    I will do the Mt. Lafayette (Old Bridal path up then down Falling Waters trail), but I look for 2 or 3 others day hike in the same area that worth the deplacement ( plus or minus 1hr of car).

Thanks!

Images

I would reverse that hike if I were you. The better trail to go down is the Old Bridal Trail. I always like the getting the trail with the better traction on the downhill part.
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

There are dozens of good answers, all depending on what you're into. Where are you camping? Are you into peakbagging? What's considered "feasible" by your standards (in terms of distance and elevation gain)? Will you have a car or car spot? Are there specific features (i.e. water, views, isolation, etc) that you're looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDedo View Post
    There are dozens of good answers, all depending on what you're into. Where are you camping? Are you into peakbagging? What's considered "feasible" by your standards (in terms of distance and elevation gain)? Will you have a car or car spot? Are there specific features (i.e. water, views, isolation, etc) that you're looking for?
    There seems to have enough camping in that region so we don't have a specific camping by now. And we can move from campground to camground each day if necessary. Feasable, well, my girlfriend and I have a few hiking experience. Everything between 6 and 10 miles would be ok. I would say a moderate hike if possible. No peakbagging for us. I know that Lafayette will be crowded but I think the views worth it. Would like to have similar ideas that worth it.

Simply put, most of the hikes in the White Mountains with the best views are considered at the lowest moderate. Every 4,000 footer I've ever climbed was a challenge. Some easier than others, but never "easy".

My favorite "day" hike in the whites I think so far and would recommend doing is Mt Carrigain and going up the fire tower. Sick hike.

Just do the lions head trail from Joe Dodge Lodge up to the top of Mt. Washington.

++ New Posts ++