WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Hiking the Black Mountains and Burro Peak area of Southern New Mexico

Hiker "Patches" left 2 days ago from Silver City to hike the Blacks solo to the trailhead on highway 59 where I will resupply him. He plans to hike over 30 miles per day and be there at 6pm on Thursday. This re-enforces Bearcreek's comments on the need for angelling in the Blacks of New Mexico although the hike is certainly feasible with some support. There are other access roads into the Blacks like the one out of Winston which goes west. The old timers in Winston said it is negotiable with a medium clearance vehicle. I have been on trail for 2 weeks now and everyone seems to be taking the Gila River route. I was supposed to get daily Spot updates from Patches but so far have received none. As a note; further south on Burro Peak some nobo's are taking the Deadman`s Canyon route on the north side of the peak. Others are taking the route further west and adding several miles of road walking to their walk to Silver City. Angel Apple

He might not get 30's, that would be hard in there. If he's late, don't sweat it.

Apple, Have fun out there. You will be appreciated.

++ New Posts ++