WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Need help!

Default Need help!

My name is Phillip Lyons and I live in Ararat NC an I plan to thru hike the at after I complete high school. I'm 15 and I plan on thru hiking the MST the summer of 2016 at the age of sixteen I have years of hiking experience but know very little about the MST. I would welcome any knowledge on the trail and what need to do to hike it. Thank you.

There lots of books written by people who have done the trail. Dont just trust what you read on the web.i would bet that quite a few of the posters on here have never set foot on the trail.

Hi,

I would get taba wards, trail guide very informative. Also I would contact Friends of the MST, you should find that on the web for the most up to date information. The trail is always influx with more parts getting added or rerouted.

I have done little of the trail, but from what I have done I have enjoyed it. It is not a freeway like the AT. Which I enjoy both. Let me know if you need any other info.

Floyd

The Thru-Hiker's Manual for the MST is a detailed guidebook that helps you plan and navigate the MST. Written by a hiker for hikers. I have hiked the MST 4 1/2 times and completed the 5th finish by skateboarding the 500 miles of road walk. I know the trail, the people and the resources. My phone number is listed in every book I write for hikers to call with questions, concerns and logistical challenges that I might be able to help you with. The Manual is for the old route designed by Allen Dehart. There are reroutes that have been designated by the MST as the official route but I decline to publish those directions due to unsafe roads (my opinion). The FMST is in the process of writting their own guides for certain sections so far. If you choose to hike their new routes you should contact the FMST for their directions. I have hiked and documented all of the newer sections from Falls Lake to Clingman's Dome so I do know those routes as well. Go to www.thruhikersmanual.com to see more info about the Thru-Hiker's Manuals.

Images

I have met TABA on one of his hikes on the MST. Nice guy.
    Hammock Hanger by choice

Warbonnet BlackBird 1.7 dbl

www.neusioktrail.org

Bears love people, they say we taste just like chicken.

++ New Posts ++