WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Talking VIDEO: A Trip Of Firsts - Laurel Highlands Hiking Trai in Western PA

Join along on a trip of many firsts for me. It was my first time hiking with my buddy Sherpa (Dane), first time on the LHHT, first time with split fire wood provided, men & women privy, concrete mile markers and many, many more. I had an absolute blast, met some incredible people and can not wait until I step foot on this trail again.

The following is an excerpt from featheredprop.com - "The Laurel Highlands Hiking Trail is a 70-mile continuous footpath stretching atop the Laurel stickerRidge. It winds from Ohiopyle, PA to Rt. 56, near Johnstown, PA. The trail affords some great views of the twisting Youghiogheny River from high above Ohiopyle State Park, to the beautiful Conemaugh Gorge, near Johnstown, PA. It is open year-round."

Check out www.FEATHEREDPROP.com (Dane's Place) for more trail information including a book written by Dane about the LHHT - http://www.featheredprop.com/romancing-the-trail/

Thanks for joining along!

- Rob

Visit Backpacking Adventures and enter your pictures into our monthly contest!

Check us out on YouTube or FaceBook

Images

Those LHHT mile markers are interesting....but late in the day, you are constantly looking for the next one.
    Order your copy of the Appalachian Trail Passport at www.ATPassport.com

Green Mountain House Hostel
    Manchester Center, VT

http://www.greenmountainhouse.net

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Those LHHT mile markers are interesting....but late in the day, you are constantly looking for the next one.
    The mile markers were some of my "firsts" -
    Visit Backpacking Adventures and enter your pictures into our monthly contest!

Check us out on YouTube or FaceBook

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I swore that some were missing until I finally passed them.Disappointingly, there is no zero mile post at Ohiopyle.
    76 HawkMtn w/Rangers
    14 LHHT
    15 Girard/Quebec/LostTurkey/Saylor/Tuscarora/BlackForest
    16 Kennerdell/Cranberry-Otter/DollyS/WRim-NCT
    17 BearR
    18-19,22 AT NOBO 1562.2
    22 Hadrian's Wall
    23 Cotswold Way

++ New Posts ++