WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Looking for help with 3 day/2 night trip ideas

Good evening all,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me pick out a 3 day/2 night itinerary for May 17-19 in Shenandoah National Park.My wife is really hoping to see some ridgelines and waterfalls; I really just prefer to avoid the thru-hiker bubble should we be in the park at the same time.I think our pace would most likely be around 10 miles per day.We will be car camping for an additional 3 nights in the park so any suggestions on day hikes would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help, as always….

Images

Grab a PATC map of SNP, www.patc.net , look at the possibilities using the AT as the connective link. Jeremys Run, Elkwallow Circuit combined with the Neighbor Mtn. Trail is a challenging 2 day hike. Hike from say Beahms Gap via the AT to reach Elkwallow to add extra mileage. Prepare for lots of stream crossings on Jeremys Run... What fun !

~ White Oak Canyon/ Cedar Run loop is a tough day hike that offers waterfalls, and swimming pools of water to chill in.
    ~ Old Rag Circuit can be another day hike...great summit views can be a challenge though with some bouldering necessary. * Get started early to beat the crowds.*
    ~ Hazel Country Wilderness offers a number of trails that can be hiked separately or connected to make for a long day hike or an overnighter.
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

++ New Posts ++