Default Free iOS app "eTrails" updated

The free iOS app "eTrails" 1.4 is now available
    (the following from a posting on another PCT forum site)

David Money Harris is delighted to report that eTrails 1.4 is now available for iOS devices at the App Store.

eTrails is a free electronic hiking guidebook app.
    Version 1.4 now covers the PCT from the Mexican border to Cascade Locks at the Oregon-Washington border.

Features of eTrails include
    * Show your position on a quality USGS basemap
    * Shows the PCT and many connecting trails
    * Points of interest for water, camping, roads, and natural and human history
    * Databook, map, elevation, and guidebook views
    * Updated for the 2015 hiking season
    * Now compatible with iOS8
    * Also contains tracks and waypoints for my Afoot and Afield Orange County guidebook
    * Free!

Unlike other electronic guides, eTrails has enormous amounts of information on botany, geology, history, wildfires, and mountaineering so you’ll better enjoy the amazing sights you will pass along the trail. It has far more points of interest and better maps than the Guthook guides, in my humble opinion!

In version 1.4, I have improved the maps to achieve better quality at lower memory usage. Nevertheless, the app is 1.12 GB because it contains a huge number of maps to show not only your present location, but also the surrounding country and escape routes in case of trouble.

I started eTrails during my 2012 PCT hiking season. Version 1.4 was made possible by Jacob Higle-Ralbovsky, who hiked Oregon in 2014 and wrote the entries for the state. This project has been my way of giving back to the PCT community. If you like it, I would appreciate reviews in the app store and your help spreading the word to other hikers. I would also appreciate suggestions for next year’s edition.

Happy trails,
    David Money Harris

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

This is a pretty good app - definitely worth spending a minute learning. I hiked around the developer and an intern helping collect data south of Ashland last year.

Will there be an android version in the future?

++ New Posts ++