Default PCT Community Bear Canister Loan Program 2015 - now "CLOSED"

Sorry, but the PCT Community Bear Canister Loan Program for 2015 is "CLOSED" as of March 22nd...

Have received far more requests than we have canisters, so the loan program for this season is now closed and will not be taking any more requests.

Best wishes & good luck to each member of the PCT class of 2015 on your journey!

If we requested a bear canister but have not heard back, does this mean that we should not expect to be loaned one?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by crweidert View Post
    If we requested a bear canister but have not heard back, does this mean that we should not expect to be loaned one?
    Quick answer: No, you're still being considered.
    I have received over 100 requests and we only have about half as many canisters as requests... I have to go through all the requests and 'weigh' them against each other to decide who gets a canister loan & who doesn't - trying my best to be 'fair' about it at the same time... If everyone wants me to be faster going about this in my spare time, I could always simply draw names out of a hat and be done with it - but for me that's definitely not the right way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by enyapjr View Post
    Quick answer: No, you're still being considered.
    I have received over 100 requests and we only have about half as many canisters as requests... I have to go through all the requests and 'weigh' them against each other to decide who gets a canister loan & who doesn't - trying my best to be 'fair' about it at the same time... If everyone wants me to be faster going about this in my spare time, I could always simply draw names out of a hat and be done with it - but for me that's definitely not the right way to do it.
    What information are you using to reach a fair decision?

Quote Originally Posted by mtntopper View Post
    What information are you using to reach a fair decision?
    The information as to the need or reason to borrow a canister that is provided by the requester...

If you have a better idea or way of doing it, please let me know.
    Better yet, you can take it over because I want to fully retire soon!

Thanks for replying, enyapjr. Keep up the good work!

++ New Posts ++