WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Hike the PCT instead.
    **Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.**

Give serious thought to carrying a Personal Locator Beacon. The SOS feature WILL summon help. You may be the one person who should carry bear spray on the AT.
    Good luck to you. Go incognito with your hiking plans. Pick a different trail. One that has not been mentioned in this thread.

Wayne

Sent from somewhere around here.
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Images

Hike your hike, Enjoy your AT thru hike. Let the whole world know, his name, hiker name picture, 2,000 hikers will be looking for this guy he will be tracked by everyone you will be fine. Use what ever media you want, Don't let the guy ruin your hike. He will try to ruin your hike for you but your group around you will take care of the situation. Strength in numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by appompa255 View Post
    Hike the PCT instead.
    I love Yogi

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Skye15 View Post
    ...I may have a bit of a stalker issue when I leave for the trail... I am still nervous that he could follow/find me via the trail journals...
    He knows where you are now, right? Assuming so, is it that you feel more vulnerable on the trail - or that you're afraid you will be? He's obviously a hiker, and maybe knowing you're on the trail, he'll be more inclined to attempt to track you, I get that. But, I think you're more vulnerable now that you EVER would be on the trail. Unless you're like me, and you kinda like to hike alone, and not in a pack. If you're in a pack, I'm sure your pack mates would look out for you - maybe even offer some misdirection if needed.

Its truly something that I think you need to be at peace with. For sure, don't publicize your hike and ask that others take care in not publicizing your whereabouts. At least until its out of your mind to the point where you just don't care.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++