WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Journal Entries

I got a awesome light pair of camp shoes fro Walmart last year for something like $12 maybe $15. It's mostly some soft plastic rubber stuff in a mesh like frame with a foam combined footbed and sole. It is really the most comfortable and lightweight combo I have had. Not sure of they still have them and it's out of season but worth a check.

Quote Originally Posted by ldsailor View Post
    Do you have a weight for these shoes? I couldn't find it on Cabelas website. I have a pair of water shoes that are great, but they weigh 13 ounces. I sent them home this year while hiking in an attempt to lessen weight. I used to have a pair of hounds at 7 ounces, but hounds aren't made anymore or at least the 7 ounce hounds that I had are not made anymore.
    9.6 ounces

They're a little expensive, but at 3oz for a size 9 they fit my weight budget.

On my last trip I used them for wading while using my tenkara in high mountain lakes.
    They worked great, lots of grip and dried quickly.

Warriors-stump_2000x.jpg
    https://shammasandals.com/products/warriors-sandals

Mine weigh 6 oz,homemade sorta.I purchased some shoe cover booties like bicyclists wear on rainy days,inserted a lightweight full length sole insert,tapted over the holes in the bottom of the bootie.With zippers,they weigh in at 3 oz each.I would not use them for anything other than campwear at night though.

Journal Entries

Yeah, the description of those RedHeads doesn't mention their weight. On of the reviewers said ~8oz for the pair. Another confirmed that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++