WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Missing awol pages, need a scan

sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. ive misplaced a few loose leaf pages out of my awol guide. (2013 nobo) in need of scanned copy of bears den hostel up to rocky run shelter. thanks

I'm not sure if I still have the 2013 guide, but will send you the pages from 2014. PM me with your address if interested. Iceman

Images

Not wanting to be a hard ass, but what you're asking for is illegal, as Awol's guides are copyrighted, and the WB User Agreement prohibits discussions about illegal activities.

4. Discussions involving how to commit illegal acts ... are forbidden.
    HOWEVER, I'm betting Awol would be happy to send you what you need or grant you the permission necessary for someone to scan them and send them to you.

Don't forget, our vendors and authors are WB members too. WB could get into trouble if it allows members to discuss or commit illegal activities.

Best to you.
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    Not wanting to be a hard ass, but what you're asking for is illegal, as Awol's guides are copyrighted, and the WB User Agreement prohibits discussions about illegal activities.

HOWEVER, I'm betting Awol would be happy to send you what you need or grant you the permission necessary for someone to scan them and send them to you.

Don't forget, our vendors and authors are WB members too. WB could get into trouble if it allows members to discuss or commit illegal activities.

Best to you.

No harm was intended, I'm about to head out and realized I was missing 1, 2 pages max out of mine that I needed without adequate time to order an entire replacement copy to get said pages. moderators feel free to close thread

GA-ME 2011
    Images

It's not illegal to make a copy of any copyrighted material for personal use or to provide copies for limited use and for no profit. This is considered "fair use".
    Besides the OP purchased the book but just lost a few pages, if they asked David Miller he would probably send them replacement copies at no charge.
    I have a 2013 copy and would be happy to send you copies if you still need them.
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

Why not just ask David and skip the gray area. I'd bet even money you'd get the pages you need by email and a new guide in the mail..... Besides it's a chance to say thanks and well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Don H View Post
    It's not illegal to make a copy of any copyrighted material for personal use or to provide copies for limited use and for no profit. This is considered "fair use".
    Besides the OP purchased the book but just lost a few pages, if they asked David Miller he would probably send them replacement copies at no charge.
    I have a 2013 copy and would be happy to send you copies if you still need them.
    Notice the bold, for personal use. Copying and sending pages to someone else doesn't sound like personal to me.

That's said, one guy said he'd mail the missing pages which sounds cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Speakeasy TN View Post
    I'd bet even money
    I'd give odds

David is a very nice guy and I'm certain he'd be glad to help you out.

For convenience, his email is:

[email protected]
    Flatfoot
    AT 2013, GA->ME
    PCT 2017, Mexico->Canada

Images

Is there a reward for turning in illegal copiers? Maybe I could get enough money to do another thru hike and not have to use kickstarter. To quote a movie...... "Lighten up Francis"

GA-ME 2011
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Notice the bold, for personal use. Copying and sending pages to someone else doesn't sound like personal to me.

That's said, one guy said he'd mail the missing pages which sounds cool.
    No profit, no harm to the copyright holder, no foul.

The OP is not buying the material and if I send copies to the OP I'm not profiting from the transaction.
    The copyright holder is not loosing money as the OP states he already bought the book.
    The copying of the material is limited so there is no obvious harm to the copyright holder. No one is copying the entire book and giving it away, thus harming the copyright holder by denying him sales.

I admit that copyright law is not black and white but this case is so benign that's it's barely worth arguing.
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

++ New Posts ++