WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Big Agnus Fly Creek UL2

Selling my BA Fly Creek UL2 , used 3x, perfect condition and well cared for. Includes foot print & stakes. Great tent but this one doesn't get used anymore.

$270 - Free Shipping - need more photos let me know.

Dropping the price down to $250 - Free Shipping CONUS

paypal only.

IMG_3981.jpgIMG_3982.jpg
    Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by LionDog; 02-25-2015 at 10:01.

Hey, I'm definitely interested in buying this from you. I've heard it had some issues with water getting in the tent when it storms. Have you had an experience with that?

Hello Blind,

I had this tent out in one rain event, It rained fairly hard the whole night. The only issue people say and I have experienced is that if you leave the tents fly open some drops of water may get in do to the low coverage over hang of the front of tent entrance. But you can always close the rain fly for protection. below is part of a write about this shelter from BPL.

Full review in this link - http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-...l#.VOxyi_14My4
    Assessment

Nothing in the literature I received from Big Agnes made any mention of the Fly Creek UL2 being the lightest two-person double-wall tent. Nothing I have been able to find perusing the "stacks" at BPL or the internet has given me any indication that this is not the case. So here it is, in its first long-term in-depth review. Big Agnes, you have a winner. Is it perfect? No. Is it viable? In a big way!
    Because of the areas I frequent (mountains) and the four-season nature of my hiking, I have always preferred a double-wall tent. I have had many tarptents and use them on occasion, but I like a double-wall tent because the pros outweigh the cons for me. Yes, they are heavier. They take up more room in my pack. These are the main reasons that I carried the TT Rainbow and Squall 2. However, the advantages of condensation control and the ability to do without the protection from rain fly to just use the inner by itself makes me choose the weight hit on most of my trips. Big Agnes has hit into a weight versus convenience/features range that really blurs the lines between the two for me.
    I really like the use of the solid nylon part way up the walls. The Fly Creek kept much cleaner inside than other mesh-walled tents, as it did not let as much dirt or dust blow in.
    One drawback of all tents of this shape/configuration (my tarptents included) is the necessity to sleep with your head at the high end (door) of the tent. This limits choices when finding a good camp site. The areas I frequent rarely see a flat spot so I want my head to be at the uphill end of a sloped site. However, if the wind is blowing that way, I have to either choose to have the wind blowing in the door or sleep with my head downhill.
    Another negative is the fact that the rain fly does not protect the door opening when the vestibule is open. Rain or snow can fall straight down into the tent. As this is where the users' heads are, care must be taken to move sleeping bags or quilts away from the front before somebody enters or exits in inclement weather.

I've also used this tent in the rain. While care has to be taken when entering and exiting it's not really that big a deal. I carry a pack towel with me when I hike and any water that does sneak in when the door is opened can quickly be mopped up. You also bring in plenty of water on your rain gear so it's not like the interior is moisture free to begin with. Solid tent.

I've been debating between the Copper Spur, and the Fly Creek. I'm pretty darn skinny ringing up at around 125lbs wet. I'm sure I'd be fine with a 1p, but I've always liked the extra room in a 2p. I'm partial to side entry tents, but am willing to get the fly creek if it's worth all the (good) fuss everybody makes about it.haha

Quote Originally Posted by BlindLazarus View Post
    I've been debating between the Copper Spur, and the Fly Creek. I'm pretty darn skinny ringing up at around 125lbs wet. I'm sure I'd be fine with a 1p, but I've always liked the extra room in a 2p. I'm partial to side entry tents, but am willing to get the fly creek if it's worth all the (good) fuss everybody makes about it.haha
    Hey bind,
    Just l me know if interested, I failed to mention that I can only ship in the CONUS. So keep that in mind, not sure where you are located. PM me if needed.

Had a couple of inquires but nothing firm yet so tent is still up for grabs.
    Thanks!

Thanks Again

Dropping price to $250 free shipping CONUS

Journal Entries

I used the BA Fly Creek UL2 for 4 years now and love it. There are many great tents/shelter options out there but this one is also a winner!
    2000 miler......long sections Summited July 2015

Great price. Someone buy this tent!

Default Interested!

I'd like to buy it. PM sent.

This tent is sold!

thanks

++ New Posts ++