WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Since you're replacing gear and mentioned the Optimus stove, I went and checked mine. Sorry, it's the new style so no help there. However, you may be interested in the new Polaris Optifuel stove. Looks pretty cool since it can burn a lot of different fuel types. The pot supports don;t look like they'll match your cutouts either, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkintom View Post
    Since you're replacing gear and mentioned the Optimus stove, I went and checked mine. Sorry, it's the new style so no help there. However, you may be interested in the new Polaris Optifuel stove. Looks pretty cool since it can burn a lot of different fuel types. The pot supports don;t look like they'll match your cutouts either, though.
    At this point I'd go for a regular crux. That Polaris stove looks quite a bit like one of the Korean stoves I have seen for $10 on eBay. I think it may be a rebadged Kovea. It does look great though.

I just really like the compact nature of a crux underneath a fuel can with an optimus clip on shield wrapped around it.

Don't bash the Red Cross too much, their blood bank is top notch, a lot of folks are alive because of Red Cross blood. Much better than the other blood banks out there. But yes what executive idiot decided that someone asking for help 3 days later would be turned away. Completely against their stated policy.

Another question!! What proof do you need to present to the ins. company to prove you owned a 5K bicycle, a 10K stereo. or a butt load of hiking equipment. I'm thinking that I should video all my expensive stuff, inc serial #'s and have my brother keep a copy. The poorer you are the more the ins. company questions your right to have anything expensive.

Registered User 2015 Lady Thru-Hiker's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by squeezebox View Post
    Don't bash the Red Cross too much, their blood bank is top notch, a lot of folks are alive because of Red Cross blood. Much better than the other blood banks out there. But yes what executive idiot decided that someone asking for help 3 days later would be turned away. Completely against their stated policy.

Another question!! What proof do you need to present to the ins. company to prove you owned a 5K bicycle, a 10K stereo. or a butt load of hiking equipment. I'm thinking that I should video all my expensive stuff, inc serial #'s and have my brother keep a copy. The poorer you are the more the ins. company questions your right to have anything expensive.
    That is a great idea squeezebox. When I was robbed they wanted pictures/receipts of purchase/warranty or user manuals/anything that would prove that I owned what I said I owned. I also had to provide them with a list of people who were willing to swear under oath that I owned the things I didn't have any proof of ownership for, which was most of it. Who keeps receipts forever? And there wouldn't be any at all of course if all is lost in a fire. Ten typed papers of property descriptions. The only thing ever recovered was an empty ring box And while I know who did it there was not enough evidence to bring charges.
    ““Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees....” ― John Muir

Don't bash the Red Cross too much, a lot of folks are alive because of Red Cross
    Like the Nazis?

Like I said, due to a clerical screw up, insurance is not on my side.

However, 98% of the items I owned were bought online or with a credit card, so I had receipts for about 98% of the items I owned. Expect for some cheap ikea craigslist furniture.

I am not familiar with the tent you listed, but I do have one of the great 2 person UL tents for sale. It is a Six Moons Designs Lunar Duo. Great shape, with no rips or repairs, asking $200 TYD.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry to hear about your loses, I lost everything in a fire 10 years ago and understand wanting to head out to the woods to get your head right. Also sorry you have to deal with with some not so nice responses. I do not have any of the gear you requested because I'm a newbie myself but I hope you are able to get back on your feet. I am not a church going person myself but am a preacher's kid. They can be a great resource for your situation(even camping gear), I know you said you don't want hand outs but its nice to have a helping hand. Good Luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++