Default Florida Trail - On-line Map

While updating my maps of the GET and Pinhoti trail I found some gps data and made a quick on-line map of the FT.

There may be better maps, I dunno; the FT is not on my bucket list and I didn't need a full set of gps data.

Proper credit is given to 'lilricky' for the data; however I cannot vouch for the accuracy/usefulness.

http://lifeat2mph.com/lrft/

Warren

Just a note that there was a major re-route last year on the Kissimmee River section. The trail was moved from the west side to the east side of the river from Basinger to Kicco.

http://www.floridatrail.org/wp-conte...eroute-Map.pdf
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

"Without them we perish." eArThworm's Avatar
    Images

This map shows the Kissimmee River re-route and other changes: http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/vi...365f39626cfe03

this is great! i just spent the past 10 minutes retracing. nice for future hikers to have gps data for the hunt roads section near perry.

Quote Originally Posted by eArThworm View Post
    This map shows the Kissimmee River re-route and other changes: http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/vi...365f39626cfe03
    I use the ArcGIS map often for planning, nice asset.

However, it does still show the old route along the Kissimmee River through Avon Park AFB, the re-route is on the opposite side of the river and passes through Kissimmee Prairie Preserve State Park then crosses over the river at the S65A lock back into KICCO Wildlife Management Area.

The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

I just got the main track from the FTA, although its broken down into several small pieces. I'm putting the pieces together and will be updating the Unofficial FT GPS page very soon with the newer reroutes.
    Maintainer of the Unofficial Trail GPS Map Page(Updated 3-8-16) Now updated with the Florida Trail, Lone Star Hiking Trail, Arizona Trail, and Appalachian Trail.

Ok, got the main FT GPS track updated, still have to update the track with the separate loops, but the main track is ready to be downloaded.
    Maintainer of the Unofficial Trail GPS Map Page(Updated 3-8-16) Now updated with the Florida Trail, Lone Star Hiking Trail, Arizona Trail, and Appalachian Trail.

Images

There is now an app called the The Florida Trail Guide you have to purchase sections for $6.95. I think its worth the purchase if you use your phone while hiking.
    If you can’t fix it with duct tape or a beer; it ain’t worth fixing

I like the app. Great for planning, hiking and forecasting what is coming up. But that being said carry a map also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

++ New Posts ++