Journal Entries
    Images

Default Pearisburg - Harpers Ferry: looking for hiking buddy to start with me late Apr

Hello Everyone,

I'm making plans to start hiking the AT late April or early May (2015), maybe starting at Pearisburg or further north. I'd like to be at the south entrance of SNP by about May 16, so starting in Pearisburg might be too ambitious for that date.

I realize I'll run into thru-hikers, but I'd really appreciate having someone(s) to start my hike with, a bit of a preference for females.

I've hiked off and on for many years and backpacked so not new to this. But I haven't done anything significant in the last 15 years, and never 4 - 6 weeks backpacking. Currently living in Louisiana, so it's tough to find "hills" to hike in. I use to live in the Maryland area and hiked in SNP with PATC quite a bit and miss the area and the hills.

My dog is joining me on this hike. He is an English Springer Spaniel, 3-years-old. He and I are a certified therapy dog team; he has a calm temperament, likes people, super soft fur, so he makes a great therapy dog.

My hike will end around Harpers Ferry, but I don't expect someone to join me for the entire trek (unless we want that). Someone who is super fit/fast is probably not the companion I'm looking for, and I know the first few days will be a challenge. I'm not on a mission to complete any certain distance, just going on a walk in the woods with my dog, enjoying fresh air and scenery.

Any thoughts appreciated, any interested persons, please let me know.

Thank you.

Cat

Hey Cat, would like to join you for a few days once you hit SNP

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."
    Isaiah 55:12

Journal Entries
    Images

Hey Scott, thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Hey Cat. I am leaving early April from near Roanoke going NOBO. I plan on being at the Flip Flop Kick Off in HF May 2. If you are interested in joining me at the outset let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journal Entries
    Images

Hi Treehugger,
    I don't think I'm going to be able to get on the trail until late April, but if that changes, I'll let you know. Thanks.

If you would be able to leave mid may, I am in the roanoke area, considering heading north on the trail then and seeing where it takes me. I may or may not end up doing it, but if I were to do it I would definitely need to find a hiking buddy to start with for my familys sake.

Consider the flip flop mini bubble from Harpers Ferry May 2. Sounds like there's a couple dozen of us.

Journal Entries
    Images

Thanks for your responses, SimbaofPrideRock and squeezebox. I've got some plans to meet up with friends/family around northern SNP/Harpers Ferry late May/early June, so pretty much have to head out from southern Virginia by late April/early May NOBO.

squeezebox, where do you think the group would be around the end of may?

++ New Posts ++