WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

If all else fails removing the odor I wouldn't hesitate washing and eliminating odorrs of any of my down gear including down pieces that are high FP and of very light denier fabrics(7D). Use a quality Down Wash like made by Nikwax or McNetts (I prefer the McNetts since to me it leaves less of a film/feeling in/on the face fabric, ie; it washes out better)and use the amount suggested of McNetts Mirazyme IF you have mildew odor issues. Use a front loading washer on gentle cycle as per many qualified directions given online and dry on low heat. And more low heat. And more low heat. I used to think washing down pieces required brain surgery like washing techniques. You shouldn't be fearful of washing down pieces once you inform yourself.

Wash it.................

A bit of an update...after hanging the bag with a fan on it for a couple of days I think the smell is pretty much gone. I'm really curious if it will come immediately back if it gets damp again (I'll find out in a couple of weeks on my next camp out). I'll look to wash it at the end of the cold-weather season as suggested by almost everyone.

Thanks all!

Kudos, by the way, for using the past tense of stink in your thread title and not the past participle. Your English teachers would be proud!
    "It goes to show you never can tell." - Charles Edward Anderson Berry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++