WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Fabulous Gear Sale - Including used Tarptent!!!!

Hello all - some of you may remember my posts from last year discussing my upcoming AT thru-hike attempt - well, long story short - I made it to Pearisburg, and had to stop due to injury. To add to the shortened story - I am three months into recovering from the surgery to graft a tendon into my ankle and foot which tore in two on the hike. My surgeon has told me that I cannot risk backpacking or strenuous hiking ever again, because any further damage will require fusing the ankle.

No whining - I'm just going to transfer to kayaking. So there! Maybe I'll aquablaze through Shenandoah!

In any event - just wanted to give a little background - I have a TON of great stuff that I'll never use again, in GREAT condition - most of it never used, or used once - the partial list is as follows:

1. Tarptent Moment DW with carbon poles, including optional crossing pole for added stability - this is the tent I took on my hike - it was a champ, and seriously only took a minute to set up. There are no holes anywhere, nothing is broken or bent. There is a little schmutz on it, but not a whole heckuva lot. I promise to shake it out before I send it. It's "AT Dirt", anyway - so it's not dirt, it's "Patina". I used it probably about 20 times total. Sells new for $355 with options - will let go for $250. Seam-sealed by The Master himself, Henry Shires, so you know it was touched by his glorious fingers. . .

2. Two sleeping bags - REI Serrana women's down, and EMS Velocity 35 degree women's. Both are nice bags - the REI one was never used, as I purchased it, and then received a NEMO spoon bag as a gift. The EMS bag was used once on a weekend car camping trip where it was determined that it was a little snug for me, as I have too large a keester. Both bags sell for about $200 new, but I will let them go for $100 each. Note - the REI Serrana is the older version - the purpleish one, but as it was never used, it's brand new!

3. Two black merino wool women's XL T-shirts. Brand new, never worn except to try on, where it was determined that they were a little on the skin-tight side for my sensitivities. They are designed that way, and it's just not my thing. One is a Smartwool, and it says "Smartwool" across the front - don't buy if you disapprove of gratuitous advertising. The other is an Icebreaker merino T with tags still attached. Go for about 80-100 new - will sell for 45 bucks apiece.

4. EMS Velocity 1 tent - this was purchased at a slight discount because the outer bag had a tear, and one of the aluminum poles had a slight bend in it. I set it up, and it's perfect. Never used, because I got the Tarptent as a gift. This is a great little tent, with many good reviews - I paid $239, will sell for $175.

5. MSR Hyperflow filter - I purchased this intending to use it once summer drought made scooping water for my Sawyer Squeeze too annoying. I never got that far. It was used once, to filter tap water to make sure that everything worked, and that I wasn't too dumb to use it. Sells for $99 new - will sell for $50.

6. Marmot PreCip full Zip men's rain pants - size XXL Short - I purchased these because I figured that they would fit the aforementioned Keester well - they don't. Too Big. Woo Hoo! Brand new about a hundred bucks - will sell for $50.

In any event - I have more stuff to go, but I have to go through it and check condition, etc. Will post it later. One more note - non-smoking house, but I do have a dog - it's not like he was rolling all over things and using them as a bed, but they have been kept in the same building as the dog, so there is some exposure. Don't want to risk anaphylactic shock to anyone with allergies.

Let me know if you are interested!

How does the MSR filter work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll take the REI Serrana women's bag, sending PM!

PM sent on the Moment DW

I'm interested in the tarp tent but looking around the prices go for cheaper. This tent sells for $215 brand new

Tarptent and Serrana both taken - Tarptent more expensive than price quoted above because of upgrades to poles - wanted people to know that I'm not trying to "get one over" on you!

ah - but check on the tarptent website for the prices for the carbon fiber pole upgrades, with added crosspole!

it's a pump filter - one tube has a pre-filter on the end which goes into the water, and there is a pump in the middle which has the filter apparatus inside it - I believe that it is ceramic, but don't quote me - it weighs about eight ounces, which is one of the lightest pump filters around - it's great if you only have a very shallow puddle or stream to work with.

Thanks I was just wondering a thank you though

PM sent about the EMS Velocity.

Default Discontinued Model

Quote Originally Posted by jessicaLG91 View Post
    Thanks I was just wondering a thank you though

Looks like the discontinued Moment, not a Moment DW. Base price for a MDW is currently $295.

I just paid $345.00 plus 13.00 S&H for this tent directly from Henry Shires with the upgraded poles. Henry just raised his prices as of Jan 15, 2015. I'd been hoping to get used one here, but there hasn't been one listed in awhile. Good deal whoever got it.

Twilight

Do you accept pay pal? I'm interested in the msr water filter

If it's still available you can email me about the Msr water filter at [email protected]. Thank you!

Looks like water filter is sold!

Schnitzel, sorry to here about your misfortune, glad folks are able to help you out with purchases, and your attitude is awesome, no guarantees in life. I am curious as to what happen to your foot...severed in half, yikes, be well.

The TENDON tore, not the foot! My goodness - I'm really, really thankful the foot didn't get severed! The sad thing is that I thought that the pain and swelling were due to my RA, so I kept hiking on it for a while, and then came home, and hiked part of the Northville Placid Trail and a couple of Adirondack Mountains before getting it looked at. . . my surgeon was peeved at me, because if I had just gotten it looked at when the pain started, it probably would have just been a matter of a splint and some rest, not six months in a cast. Object lesson for everybody here - if something hurts, get it looked at sooner rather than later!

very sorry to hear about your injury and prognosis. Sounds like you have a great attitude on the matter, ready to get into another sport. Good luck on it, can you ride a bicycle?

Smartwool shirts now sold!

As to riding a bike - to be honest, I haven't actually ridden one since I was 16 and started driving. . . although DH is getting me a nice bike for Valentine's, I think. . . He is a distance biker, so we'll see how I do!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++