WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default 2015 Chickenfat Badger Sponsorship Video

Hello,

My name is Chickenfat and I Sobo thru-hiked the A.T. Last year. This year I am Thru-hiking the Pacific Crest Trail while I still have the chance and before life gets complicated. I though the AT was going to be my transition to my next "post-grad" life, but now I think it has become a transition to much more active, kill my poor shoes kinda life.

Anyways here's the link to vote for me and support me while I attempt to let my feet figure out what to do with my life

http://appalachiantrials.com/chris-c...wered-larabar/

Chickenfat- I was also a Sobo but a month plus behind you. Enjoyed your journal entries. I have to ask though- what was the Virginia tomato challenge about?
    Good luck on your PCT thru. Are you going Sobo again?

You are still young with no disabilities that I can see.

GET A JOB AND BUY YOUR OWN GEAR.

this is what's wrong with todays youth they think the world owes them a living.
    sounds like a case of Thru-Hiker Entitlement Syndrome.

Images

Relax Red-Dog the kid is only seeking a couple moments out of someone's day to watch his video and to cast a vote for him to win a contest. He's not actually asking you for money.

It it would be fair to point out that he would get more support having already been an active member of the site rather than just signing up to campaign for votes. But why badger him otherwise?
    igne et ferrum est potentas
    "In the beginning, all America was Virginia." -​William Byrd

Default Slightly offended

I have a job, took a month and a half to find it, but i got one.

The reason why I wan this scholorship is because it would ease my transtion to hikete PCT. I paied for my AT thru hike, and will for the PCT, but i saw this sponsorship and figured it was a good way to swing my video.

[QUOTE=RED-DOG;1936865]You are still young with no disabilities that I can see.

GET A JOB AND BUY YOUR OWN GEAR.QUOTE]

And yes youre right I am not exactly proud of pandering this way to the whiteblaze community. I am a extremly active member of the reddit.com/r/appalachiantrail group. I find it much easier to navigate, whiteblaze intemidates me with its setup so I have never jumped into it, and I dont think I ever will.

It is just this contest has regretfully turned into a popularity contest. I know I didnt make the best video, I think i made either 3rd or 4th (which is a place i hope to win) however it turns out that the way to win the contest is just put your name out as much as you can to get as many votes as possible. Having never had a professional job my networking is sub-par and I figure the only organization of which I have any traction is the appalachian trail community, so i figured I would pander to people who may have seen my reddit discussions.

My thought was the community here is somewhat stronger than the reddit group and the other prospective badger people wouldnt post here, unlike the reddit group where now 4 of them have posted.

My point is, yes im a new member, yes I dont think i will continue posing to whiteblaze, but please help me out as a 2014 college grad who worked during school then found a job a month after his thru hike so he could go on another adventure. Also please share the link, this popularity contest suks

*sorry for 3 posts, and no I am going to nobo because thats just the way the timing works out with me seing my GF's graduation and timing otherwise

Default Virgina Tomato Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by TomKarakowski View Post
    Chickenfat- I was also a Sobo but a month plus behind you. Enjoyed your journal entries. I have to ask though- what was the Virginia tomato challenge about?
    Good luck on your PCT thru. Are you going Sobo again?

When did you start your hike? and more importantly

The virginia tomato challenge:
    It was a challenge that I made up when I was hiking that I am trying to get to catch on. there are 2parts
    1. Eat a tomato every day you are in VA
    2. on your last day in VA eat as many tomatoes as days you were in VA.

*why tomatoes?
    Because they are heavy, and big, and squish easy and dont taste good, which just makes the challenge all the more difficult.

It was very difficult.

I also took a picture every day of the tomato to make it more interesting and maybe so next years thru hikers will pick it up. Ill post it on the class of 2015s thing later, closer to their start date.

http://imgur.com/a/higfT

++ New Posts ++