WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Journal Entries

Air Force EOD vet here. I'll be starting out at the tail end of March. See y'all on the trail!

Navy medically retired hitting the trail 2 March To finish my flip flop. Started last July in Maine. Happy trails to all the Vets.

Images

Hi, I'm part of a research project that is looking to measure the changes the body goes through when thru-hiking the AT. Things such as muscular strength and endurance, body composition, etc.

We will be testing in Hot Springs, NC early May and would love to meet all of ya'll 2016 thru-hikers if you're around our area! I have posted the flyer below if you are interested in knowing more!

E-mail at [email protected]

AT Study Promotional Flyer2-18 JPG.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by capehiker View Post
    I'm retired CG as well (2014) starting May 15 NoBo.
    Hey all, Retired Coastie (2014) as well. I am headed NOBO around April 20. Hope to run into you guys at some point. Happy injury free hiking to all.

Medically Retired back in 2012 (Army) and head out mid July. Looking forward to seeing some fellow vets out on the trail. Good luck to everyone.

Retired Army Combat Vet, SOBO, 2 June 16

Army here, retired also heading out in a few weeks for my hike. Hope to see you out there.
    Congrats on your retirement. Love it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Silkies View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am new here on White Blaze and I want to say thank you to the people who put the work in to make this site. So here is the deal, I will be retiring from the Marine Corps at the end of this year and I am planing to thru-hike with my service dog to bring awareness to disabled vets and raise money so another vet may get a service dog of there own. So are there any Vets out there planing on hiking the trail next year. If so hit me up, I would like to get to know some people before I start the trail. SEMPER FI.

Silkies
    Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself.

US Army combat medic, medical discharge, starting my thru on April 15th or so, did one in 2010.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++