There has been much discussion about how to shelter a canister stove from wind, without adding weight and cumbersome accessories to your kit (bad), and without overheating the canister (very bad). Here's an idea that works well and adds only 4 grams to your carry, assuming you already carry a small CCF butt pad.

I have tried various contraptions using titanium foil and other materials I have in my shop, but I was not happy with the results (either they did not work well, they were too heavy, and/or they would be difficult to transport/store in my pack). Eventually, I had another idea, which was to use a Gossamer Gear Sitlight pad as a windscreen. I always have one with me on trail, so no added weight to use as a windscreen. If you don't hike with a GG pack, you could always get one to double as a butt pad, or use a piece of generic blue CCF instead. I added three pieces of wide 3M "Extreme Tape" which has really good adhesive to one edge of the pad. On trail, I would weigh these down with rocks to anchor the windscreen. When used as a pack backpad, these will fold away behind the pad. A piece of cord completes the setup. Total weight of the added tape and cord was 4 grams.

For testing, I used a house fan, running at high speed, positioned 3 feet away from the protected MiniMo. Not sure what the equivalent wind speed would be, but it was not fun to stand that close to the fan while observing the effects on the MiniMo in operation. It was certainly equivalent to a very windy day.

With no fan applied, I was getting a 2 cup boil with 5 grams of fuel (cold tap water with 3 ice cubes added, average of 3 boils). With the windscreen in place and the fan on, there was no trouble lighting the stove and it did not get blown out when turned down to a simmer. The flame would flicker and move a bit from time to time, but not much. With the fan running, I did two more 2-cup boil tests, using a total of 11 grams of fuel, or 5.5 grams/boil. So my rough calculation is that it takes 10% more fuel with the windscreen, but I was pretty pleased with that. Photos for ya: