WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Alcohol Storage

Listerene 8.5 ounce bottle works great too.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by RangerZ View Post
    Jack Daniels metric pint bottle. My wife needed some JD for Christmas cookies, I only had to empty out less than half. The flat pint bottle was attractive for fitting in an outside pack pocket rather than the round bottle that I had been using. Holds 10 oz, I think.

Winter maintenance - painted the top and bottom blaze orange and labeled it FUEL ONLY. Hard to mistake for anything else.

Actually holds 12 oz
    76 HawkMtn w/Rangers
    14 LHHT
    15 Girard/Quebec/LostTurkey/Saylor/Tuscarora/BlackForest
    16 Kennerdell/Cranberry-Otter/DollyS/WRim-NCT
    17 BearR
    18-19,22 AT NOBO 1562.2
    22 Hadrian's Wall
    23 Cotswold Way

I don't remember the size, 12oz?, but I've been using a dawn or joy dish soap container. I've read a lot about how the alcohol eats away at plastic, and weekly I would test this bottle during my 09 thru-hike. And I don't see any truth to that statement, I'm still using the same container with no weakness.

i use the vargo fuel bottles. i don't recall where i got them but still remember they were $1.99. so far no leaks and durable with measurements already marked on the bottle holds 8oz weight is 1oz only wish they made them in other sizes. i had several others but these have stood the test of time for me so far. and i seem to trust them cause i stopped carrying my fuel bottles in Ziploc bags

US Plastics (www.usplastics.com) offers a variety of bottles and tops that can be mixed/matched according to your needs. I recently purchased a few plastic bottles with graduated measurements that will enable me to track my alcohol consumption more accurately (more in terms of how much alcohol it takes to cook certain meals or meal/drink combinations vs how much I've used and have left). The prices are very reasonable but the shipping is hefty unless you combine that purchase with other items. I bought several Opsak odor proof storage bags from them along with the bottles and caps.

Listerine bottle... flat, cap locks, durable, cap can be used for measuring fuel...cap on 8.5 oz bottle is 1/2 oz, cap on 16 oz bottle is 1 oz.

Images

Like some others I like an odd shaped bottle for alcohol so even in the dark I know what it is just by holding the bottle.
    Mouthwash can be had in bottles of a variety of shapes and sizes.
    To that end I buy mouthwash in a variety of sizes so I have a few different sized fuel bottles.

Anyone use the small flexible packets that are used for things like kids apple sauce?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++