WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

:banana TONS of barely used or new hammock gear, including winter gear, + Therm-A-Rest

PLEASE REVIEW THIS ENTIRE THREAD TO MAKE SURE THE ITEM YOU'RE INTERESTED IN IS STILL AVAILABLE!

Great barely used hammock gear for sale (much of it good for winter!!!) - seriously, only used for 2 or 3 nights in the Shenandoahs, then I realized I prefer tent camping. Here's what I have available below. Shipping is only $5 per package (not per item) so you can buy multiple things for the same cost in shipping:

Item 1: ENO SingleNest Hammock (Navy-Olive) - $50 (save $15 + tax). Product info: click here

Item 2: ENO Atlas Hammock Suspension System - $20 (save $10 + tax). Product info: click here SOLD

Item 3: ENO Hot Spot Hammock Sleeping Pad Wings -NEVER USED - $20 (save $10 + tax). Product info: click here In case you're wondering what this is, sleeping pads tend to slip around in hammocks. This sleeve with wings solves the problem while also adding a bit more insulation to help you sleep comfortably while camping. Will fit your average thermarest, for example, just fine.

Item 4: Hennessy Hammock Monsoon Rainfly 30D Silnylon - $75 (save $35 + tax) NOTE! I broke off the plastic piece use to tie out one of the main lines. I imagine this is a simple fix this with a carabiner and rope line. See pic below to see what I'm talking about. The one on the left is what it's supposed to look like, the one on the right is the one that's missing the little tie-out piece. Product Info: click here. SOLD

Item 5: Hennessy Hammock Radiant Double Bubble Insulation Pad - $20 (save $10 + tax) - Product info: click here This is a windshield reflector pad that is silvered on both sides, so it reflects 97% of your body's radiant heat back to you. Perfect for cold weather.

Item 6: Simply Light Designs Mosquito Defender 360ş- $45 (save $20 + tax) Product Info: click here Great ultralight bug net for a hammock. SOLD

Item 7: Therm-A-Rest ProLite Sleeping Pad Size Regular $60 (save $20+ tax). Note that prices vary by size. Product info: click here

Note: All items above add up to around $300 but you can have EVERYTHING for $275 if you would like the whole kitten kaboodle and save even more.

Paypal preferred; money orders accepted. Email me at bpowell1014 @ gmail dot com if interested, or simply inbox me here on Whiteblaze.
    Last edited by bpowell1014; 01-15-2015 at 00:22.

Images

What length is the SLD defender?

Quote Originally Posted by octothorpesarus View Post
    What length is the SLD defender?
    10 feet (I ordered it with an extra 2 feet in length). It also has the ridgeline loops.

Just wondering. Are you willing to give me more detail on why you decided to go back to the tent? I am in the process of collecting equipment for hammock camping. Do not want to do the same as you, purchase equipment and turn around and sell it for a lower price.

It took me longer to set up and I'm not a very patient person after a long day of hiking. Quite frankly, I'm grouchy and need the instant gratification (rest!) that a tent can give me. I know it comes with practice, but overall, I just didn't enjoy it like I enjoyed my tent.

Simply Light Designs Mosquito Defender 360ş has been sold.

The other items are still avail.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Abatis1948 View Post
    Just wondering. Are you willing to give me more detail on why you decided to go back to the tent? I am in the process of collecting equipment for hammock camping. Do not want to do the same as you, purchase equipment and turn around and sell it for a lower price.
    Abatis, I LOVE my Clark Jungle hammock. I've used it for several years weekend camping and I started the Trail in 2012 with it. I sleep well, I've been warm down to about 22* with just a closed cell pad under me and I stay off the wet ground. I've seen a couple of inches of rain from t-storms running under me. I can pitch it anywhere, including 25* slopes.

However, I found it WAY too hard in the cold, rainy mornings to get up, pack up and leave without getting too wet and ...............cold. No matter how I pitched the fly, it seemed to let the blustery winds in. I had to get up several times to lower it. I had no problem staying dry until I had to get up and start packing. My pack was either tied to a nearby tree or under the hammock. Either way, it was out where "critters" could get at it.

Plus I'm old - I gotta have a "night bottle" a couple of times during the night so I don't have to get up. I couldn't figure out how to do that in my hammock.

I went back to the ground after about a week or so.

Many people can and have used hammocks very well. I'm just not one of those. Saw either Skunk Ape or Jim-Bob with a Clark (?) on Cheoh Bald with a HUGE fly that worked well for him.
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

Monsoon rainfly payment sent!

Following items still available for sale:

Item 1: ENO SingleNest Hammock (Navy-Olive) - $50 (save $15 + tax). Product info: click here

Item 2: ENO Atlas Hammock Suspension System - $20 (save $10 + tax). Product info: click here

Item 3: ENO Hot Spot Hammock Sleeping Pad Wings -NEVER USED - $20 (save $10 + tax). Product info: click here In case you're wondering what this is, sleeping pads tend to slip around in hammocks. This sleeve with wings solves the problem while also adding a bit more insulation to help you sleep comfortably while camping. Will fit your average thermarest, for example, just fine.

Item 5: Hennessy Hammock Radiant Double Bubble Insulation Pad - $20 (save $10 + tax) - Product info: click here This is a windshield reflector pad that is silvered on both sides, so it reflects 97% of your body's radiant heat back to you. Perfect for cold weather.

Item 7: Therm-A-Rest ProLite Sleeping Pad Size Regular $60 (save $20+ tax). Note that prices vary by size. Product info:click here

I will take item # 2 , Atlas Suspension System .

Atlas Suspension System money sent.

Still have the following items for sale:

Item 1: ENO SingleNest Hammock (Navy-Olive) - $40 (save $25 + tax). Product info: click here

Item 5: Hennessy Hammock Radiant Double Bubble Insulation Pad - $20 (save $10 + tax) - Product info: click hereThis is a windshield reflector pad that is silvered on both sides, so it reflects 97% of your body's radiant heat back to you. Perfect for cold weather.

Item 7: Therm-A-Rest ProLite Sleeping Pad Size Regular $60 (save $20+ tax). Note that prices vary by size. Product info:click here

If the Eno Wings are not sold - I will buy...

my email is [email protected] - send me your paypal account address and I'll send you $20.

Ship to:
    Michael Frueh
    c/o Longmeier Printing
    232 N Union street
    Lima, OH 45801
    419-230-9749

thanks - happy trails !!

How old, and how many nights on the Prolite? Any problems?

Sorry only thing left is the hammock.

ENO SingleNest Hammock (Navy-Olive) Still available. Price drop to $40 firm + $5 shipping (save $20 off retail for a practically new hammock). Used twice, perfect condition.

++ New Posts ++