WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Journal Entries
    Images

I hope they didn't tap mom and dad for financing.

Images

A few years back there was talk about tapping the movement of the pack. LOT of side to side movement. Like maybe 30,000 steps per day?

I have done a lot of research and found Snow Lizard iPhone cases. They are waterproof, shockproof, and have a battery in the case that over doubles your battery. Yeah they have a solar charger witch I agree is not going to that useful on the AT. It may be more useful on the PCT or anywhere you will get lots of sun. Snow Lizard also has a battery pack that store enough power to charge your phone up to 7 times. I know its a lot of extra weight but this way you carry your power with you and charge in towns. Check out this funny video I made on the electronics I will be taking. https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=YkkepN_zKbA
    Keep it between the blazes

Images

Not to be a downer, but there is a rule of thumb: "One pound on your feet = 5 pounds on your back". Not sure myself of the real effective formula here, but I do know that weight on your feet is much more significant than weight on your back in terms of energy use, so 6-8 ounces is kinda like 30-40 ounces carried, call it 2 pounds equivalent on your back. Given that there are tons of batteries out there used for recharging devices, like the Anker:

http://www.amazon.com/Compact-10000m.../dp/B009USAJCC

8 ounces (on your back), 2 1/2 phone charges, should easily handle a week or more between stops.

Just another opinion, don't mean to pee on this gadget, just wouldn't work for me personally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++