WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Connie View Post
    I am in that "Roman Legion". <sigh>

The first few seconds, right after the narrative, I could not bear to continue watching.

Another time. Maybe I will find Dove, another solo sailing movie, on Netflix or Hulu.

I was season champion, Division R Yacht Racing Association, San Francisco Bay and ocean.

I could not "handle" watching absolutely everything done, and, shown by the movie, wrong.

Absolutely Everything.

I had to stop.

But, thank you. I never thought of looking for any movies on Netflix or Hulu. They ask preferences. I named old tv series. They "suggest" other tv series.

Why did I not know they have movies. Duh!

If the Bill Bryson, or, Wild never come to a theator near me, maybe Hulu, maybe Netflix.
    My point exactly.

Images

Happy that this finally coming out.............should be funny.

I am in that "Roman Legion". <sigh>

The first few seconds, right after the narrative, I could not bear to continue watching.

Another time. Maybe I will find Dove, another solo sailing movie, on Netflix or Hulu.

I was season champion, Division R Yacht Racing Association, San Francisco Bay and ocean.

I could not "handle" watching absolutely everything done, and, shown by the movie, wrong.

Absolutely Everything.

I had to stop.

But, thank you. I never thought of looking for any movies on Netflix or Hulu. They ask preferences. I named old tv series. They "suggest" other tv series.

Why did I not know they have movies. Duh!

If the Bill Bryson, or, Wild never come to a theator near me, maybe Hulu, maybe Netflix.
    Thats kind of the point of the story, two older guys, one very out of shape, making an attempt on a thru hike being woefully unprepared and equipped.

I couldn't read all the book, but that wasn't the reason.

Images

Hey! Thank you, Mags.

That is the solo sailing movie I wanted to see, that did not get to a movie theator near me.

I have Netflix.

I am glad the two lead actors in this Bryson movie are in their "seniority".

I did not read the entire book. I don't know if Bill Bryson ever got into lightweight backpacking.

I don't know if the movie will show anyone lightweight backpacking.

There are so many backpackers, that are "senior citizens" by now.

I think many, if not nearly all, "seniors" think they cannot backpack, now, although they really loved backpacking, hiking, walks, or, outdoor photography in their 20's.

If they see the lightweight backpacking, now, I think they would get back to backpacking.

Many, if not most "seniors" can afford to purchase gear they admired in their "salad days" when they were much younger. I know my 20's were "salad days".

I still got outdoors, mountainclimbing, hiking, walks, and outdoor photography. I never considered myself a backpacker. Huh? I am hiking.

I even tried birding, sitting with a bird book and bird apps and binoculars in a parking lot on a famous "flyway". I also sat at a pond, early morning and early evening. I even sat at a parking lot, near the shoreline to see the sea-birds, early morning and early evening.

Why? I am getting older. I may need something more sedentary.

Hah! Seniors HIKE!
    I'll be 59 tomorrow. I didn't even START hiking/backpacking til I was 47. Up til then I had knee pain from a skiing accident in 1978. After a few months of hiking the knee pain disappeared and has never returned. I had excruciating foot pain when attempting an AT thru-hike in 2006 and had to drop off the trail. The right insoles - problem gone. I started kayaking, biking, archery, and even tried fencing, in the past 10 years. I cannot stand it when my friends (women in particular) give me that "oh no, I'm too old" excuse when I try to get them outdoors more. The more I hike the better I feel. Just did the West Highland Way this past September and this coming September I'll be doing the Camino de Santiago.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    I hope you make the cut!

What was he experience like?

Did they change your look much or accept you the way arrived for the shoot?
    Sorry, just noticed this. To answer your question Rick B, I wouldn't be surprised if the Maine scene get cut, but they spent 5 hours shooting the Rainbow Springs scenes so I expect they'll make the cut. It just premiered at Sundance last week - but my invite must have gotten lost in the mail.

A friend and I recount the whole experience here if you are interested...

http://n2backpacking.com/episode-22-...e-as-an-extra/
    BirdShooter
    n2backpacking.com

And Mags, I enjoy TTS and your efforts there. Don't think I've missed a regular show or a bonus show yet. Great format. Keep up the good work and just let me know when you lack a beer sponsor. Sounds like you've been doubling up lately, but I'll fill the void when you have an opening.
    BirdShooter
    n2backpacking.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++