WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Outdoor Ukulele

AT 2012

pm sent about uke
    Lazarus

See if you can pick up this one-

Those are beautiful ukes but at upwards of $5000...

Someone should buy my uke at the new low price of $65 shipped.

AT 2012

...and another pm sent!!!
    Lazarus

sold pending payment

Quote Originally Posted by fastfoxengineering View Post
    sold pending payment
    Viola!!!

Because of this thread, I "discovered" more beautiful music.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie View Post

Thank you.
    yep, it's a cool little instrument.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie View Post

Thank you.
    Haha no problem Connie. There is some great acoustic songs out there.

AT 2012

hello all you ukulele fans... first, a thanks to fastfox -- i received the mint condition uke! now, the review: fastfox, i can understand your wanting to sell it. anybody wanna buy it from me? it sounds terrible... i will try replacing the strings, and will try to sand down the frets (which really are way too high...) and see how that works. right now, the only reason for bringing this sucker hiking would be so that i'd be able to say "you know, i sound much better with any other uke... really." and merry christmas to all!
    Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by 1azarus View Post
    hello all you ukulele fans... first, a thanks to fastfox -- i received the mint condition uke! now, the review: fastfox, i can understand your wanting to sell it. anybody wanna buy it from me? it sounds terrible... i will try replacing the strings, and will try to sand down the frets (which really are way too high...) and see how that works. right now, the only reason for bringing this sucker hiking would be so that i'd be able to say "you know, i sound much better with any other uke... really." and merry christmas to all!
    i feel like you deserve a simpithetic post Laz, that's to bad, I can relate. The guitelele I have has the action set way to high and it plays very sticky. I've plans to lower it once the weather warms and I can work in the garage. And since 'be heard ya play, I'd go with the, it's the instruments fault too.

And the ginger just thought he sucked...
    That's too bad for all- Any chance it's just a bum one with maybe some bad resin or a hairline crack? Something the factory might help with?
    I know it's a bit of gimmick instrument, but if it was truly a plastic kiddie toy I can't imagine the company would still be in business, although wouldn't be the first I suppose...

AT 2012

awww, thanks for your encouragement, guys. i've just emailed the factory to ask for advice. reviews have been very critical about the action/fret height... i hoped they were just being whining babies. alas, no. i am perfectly happy to take some prescribed abrasive tool to the uke -- just want to collect advice first. fixing the darn thing can't be harder than threading a locked brummel. oh, and (secondary gain) whatever i sand away will make the uke even lighter!!! (i already planned to use the uke to hammer tent pegs in to meet the multi use rule...)
    Lazarus

AT 2012

The frets are just molded polycarbonate... I'm tempted to just use a sanding block and and them down a wee bit.
    Lazarus

AT 2012

well, i feel honor bound to take back about half of the bad things i said about the outdoor uke. i've gotten used to the high frets, and it is sounding a lot better. i did just take it for a walk in the rain, and discovered it is impossible to play a uke when wearing a coat -- the sleeve just won't clear the strings. so, good news for those out hiking in the winter. i won't be bringing the uke with me when temps are cold.
    Lazarus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++