I'm planning my next section hike for early summer through Shenandoah Nat'l Park and would very much appreciate advice/input on my preliminary plans, and logistics of the trip.

I would like to complete the hike in ~5 days, and leave the weekends to manage traveling to/from the Cincinnati area (where I hang my hat, at the moment). My brother-in-law and I did the 100 Mile Wilderness in 5.5 days back in July (including a summit of Katahdin on the last day). We chose not to use a resupply option because we thought the additional challenge would add to the experience. I would like to re-apply this same approach with SNP.

My first key questions are around getting to the park. Are there any reputable shuttling services that anyone recommends? I would prefer to hike North-bound, and start on a Saturday or Sunday, if possible. Once I finish, I'd like to shuttle back to a hotel and fly out the next day.

I had a great experience with Phil Pepin's guide service (www.100milewilderness.info) in getting us started and picking us up. If I could be so lucky to use another outfit like what Phil has, that would be excellent.

I'm alright on gear (hammocking), and this isn't my first walk in the woods (Ok, I just HAD to throw that one in there)... If I can just figure out the best logistics situation, I feel like I'm 90% done planning.

Aside from the logistics, are there any other nuances with SNP that I should be aware of? Any must-sees along the way through the park?

Thanks,

Clay