WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Looking for an affordable lightweight winter boot

Any long distant hikers have experience with these boots in the snow? I normally wear trail runners but i'm considering a high ankle boot for Winter/snow hiking.

http://www.rei.com/product/879584/hi...-2013-closeout
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

My wife has a pair that she wares all the time...except when she is at work....if they would let her she would...she gets out with me from time to time on a weekend trip. They do require waterproofing from time to time...as a "thru hike shoe" the might make 250 miles...it depends on you and how you prep them and treat them....there is a place in Georgia that has a lot of boots and shoes strung up in a tree....
    If you get them on sale at a super great price...think of getting two...
    There are wonders out there, now to find them.

I'm not sure if they're considered light or affordable...but the Garmount snow gtx boot is awesome! It may be more then you want, but...I'm a trail runner shoe kinda guy, and I have no problems wearing these in the winter/snow. Awesome traction, you'll only slip on ice, and they're more of a medium boot. Not too bulky though. Just my 2 cents.

AT 2012

Ok. You made me look. Rei says that they weigh 1 pound and something a pair. That ain't right! Maybe each. Sure is a good price for a product from a decent company.
    Lazarus

++ New Posts ++