WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Mt. Greylock

Default Mt. Greylock

I'm trying to complete the MA section of the trail this weekend. Does anyone know if the parking lot at Rockwell Rd / Summit Rd mile marker 1581.4 is accessible? I understand that the road to the top of Mt. Greylock is closed for the season. Also can you drive an all wheel drive vehicle to where County Road crosses the trail north of the Seth Warner shelter? Any information will be appreciated.
    Thanks, Iceman

Couldn't tell you about Greylock, but I passed through that County Road about a month ago on a section hike. There was only one car in the lot but it was just a regular sedan nothing rugged looking. My LT guidebook says the road can only be driven "under favorable conditions" so maybe access is subject to change.

Images

If you're up there this Saturday you'll see the NCAA Div III regional championships for x-c running up and down the side of Mt. Greylock (Williams Colllege is the sponsor). I don't envy my daughter, who is running for Smith!

Jane

Thanks for the information Mattjv89. My wife dropped me off there this afternoon and I hiked south to Pattison Road. Road was rough and snow covered but we made it ok. I tackle Mt Greylock in the morning and maybe I will see the x-country runners.

Images

Wondering if you did see the runners? My daughter is on her way to Morse, OH next weekend for the Nationals! (OT but just had to brag...)

Jane

Congrats to your daughter. Did not see the runners or many other hikers but I had a beautiful hike.

Iceman

++ New Posts ++