WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

2017 is it for me. Have had two different planned thru hikes not pan out due to many reasons. But 2017 is it, all obligations will be taken care of, and putting it far out enough that I'll be prepared in every way possible. I do live along the AT / LT in Vermont, so I have the best practice grounds.

I'm currently planning for 2017. It will be down to amount of money saved but so far I'm on target. Haven't decided if I want to leave before, during, or after the bubble. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm planning on starting March 27, 2017. Would love to hear from other class members. Right now I'm working on a 2 year prep plan. It give me something to do and look forward to while waiting.

That's my planned start. Sometime in March, depending on weather.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHole View Post
    I'm currently planning for 2017. It will be down to amount of money saved but so far I'm on target. Haven't decided if I want to leave before, during, or after the bubble. Any thoughts? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am planning on starting the first week of March and that seems to be a pretty big bubble. I love to home alone but it'll be pretty cool meeting all of the different kinds of people at the shelters. Hiking in the bubble is is for me!

Nice to see some other folks who are looking this far in advance. I've been dreaming of a thru-hike for 10+ years now and mentally penciled in 2017 as the year to do it (I'll be turning 40 on the trail.) My younger son who will be 16 then is planning on joining me as well (husband & older son are not intrigued by spending 6 months in the woods!) So far the only thing really set is starting around April 1st, so that by the end of the month we land in Hot Springs for my birthday. The rest is yet to come.

Journal Entries

I Just signed up to this website for that very reason. I have recently decided to finally do my thru hike 2017. What date are you planning for? I figure id better start planning now.

My wife and I are dead set on thru-hiking in 2017, although the continued drought has given us pause about whether the PCT will still be feasible at that point. Hopefully the water situation doesn't keep getting worse.

I noticed a lot of people are planning to start in March - would you plan to factor in some rest time before hitting the Sierras? I know April is the usual start time due to the snow pack needing time to melt. I suppose it's a moot point if the snow is as low as this year.

I'm making plans to hike in 2017, and I've told a couple of people (but I haven't achieved critical mass there, yet!)

To put it another way, I'm walking more now and my pinterest board has a link to a really nice spork.

I'm planning a Flip Flop starting from Rockfish Gap, VA or Harpers Ferry in 2017.

I'll be hiking NOBO leaving March 16, 2017.

I am in the planning stages for a mid March leave out from Springer...have the pack...now for the rest of "the STUFF"...the logistics of this venture are mind boggling at first, but starting to get organized as time goes on...Anyone else planning on a mid March leave out?

[QUOTE=codrock;2035695]I am in the planning stages for a mid March leave out from Springer...have the pack...now for the rest of "the STUFF"...the logistics of this venture are mind boggling at first, but starting to get organized as time goes on...Anyone else planning on a mid March leave out?[/QUOTEthats mid March 2017 so as to not look like a complete fool with my response...oops...]

Images

That's my plan. I did 600+ miles in 2015. Hope to go all the way in 2017.

Leaving on Feb 24, 2017, GA-ME.
    Just bring me coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot86 View Post
    Anyone preparing for a 2017 thru yet, besides me.
    I am planning a 2017 Thru Hike with a couple, maybe three section hikes to work out my gear choices and hills.

I am cautioned by an old Yiddish proverb, "Man plans, God Laughs"

Another for NOBO mid March, depending on weather forecasts. I'll be the really slow guy.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

Leaving from Springer 03/30/17.

Default 2017 thru-hike

my 14 year old son and I are planning a 2017 thru-hike :-) Super excited and overwhelmed all at the same time

Planning on finishing my section hike with a long southbound from Maine to Pennsylvania or New Jersey in 2018. Though it could end up being 2019.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++