WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
    For some reason my zPacks bear line started to get tangled up quite a bit toward the latter part of my Colorado Trail thru hike. It got wet quite a bit and doesn't look in the best of shape, although it isn't frayed. I'm not quite sure what caused it to start tangling up.
    I've used this method of coiling line now for a couple years. Wind line on your fingers in a figure right and , guaranteed, it will not tangle.

Here's a video. There's others out there as well as this one.

https://youtu.be/0PicTsgj5lA

tie the butterfly knot. I found it on you tube. then throw it all into your vitamin bottle or a Gatorade powder container. good luck

that's an interesting diy project... the little throw bottle. Nice!

I do the figure 8 thing for small line
    the over/under coil for larger stuff like my air hose or short extension cords, or longer water hoses
    and for long extension cords for the last several years I have been using a daisy chain of slip knots...a trick I wish that I'd learned years ago.
    like this, except I don't double up the cord
    https://youtu.be/TkYQWJl3Zv8
    not a great video, just what I found to make the point....
    I don't double it up, that way I can drop the cord at the job site, then walk it unraveling to my outlet only the length that needs to be unraveled to reach.... (or go the other way depending on which end you start it at....)
    It looks like a whopping tangle mess, but it really works well.
    I suppose this slip knot method might work for small cord....I've just never done it that I can recall....

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
    For some reason my zPacks bear line started to get tangled up quite a bit toward the latter part of my Colorado Trail thru hike. It got wet quite a bit and doesn't look in the best of shape, although it isn't frayed. I'm not quite sure what caused it to start tangling up.
    Im kinda amazed you could find trees to hang from on the CT. I didn't hang a single time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++