WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

:banana Seeking to Meet Up w/Thru or Section Hikers Heading South in Oct/Nov,2014 from NC

Middle-aged retired US Marine couple are beginning a section hike from the Big Butt/Jerry Cabin Shelter in North Carolina, and heading South, ending, of course, at Springer Mountain. We are seeking to connect with south-bound thru or section hikers who will be in the area starting from October 9th, thru to November 24, 2014. Well-behaved doggie partners are most certainly welcome, though I may not be able to stop petting the puppy long enough to make any progress!

All we ask is that you pay your own way (of course) and be respectful. We are open-minded. We don't see going more than 10-12 miles per day, in the beginning, so even if we only travail a portion of the trail together, that is fine.

If someone is interested in travelling the same section as us, at the same time, we definitely want to talk to you!

Also, interested in talking to anyone along this route who can help with shuttling our Magic Bus!
    Last edited by Oma-n-Opa; 08-25-2014 at 13:29.

Don't know where those shelters are, BUT bring your woolies.
    Shreveport, hey? Howdy neighbors. My mom was from Shreveport, I was born at Barksdale and home is now about 100 miles east of Y'all.
    Good luck on your hike. Please bring warm clothes. My grand kids in Boone, NC (elevation +3,400 feet) have had snow days before Thanksgiving. The AT through NC & TN is 2,000'+ higher than Boone in many places.

Wayne
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Thank you for the info! I was expecting cooler weather, but knowing specifics is a great thing!

Howdy, Neighbor! We're less than 2 miles from Barksdale.

++ New Posts ++