WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Hiker threatens man with knife along Appalachian Trail - FOX43.com

Hiker threatens man with knife along Appalachian Trail
    FOX43.com
    A Maine man is facing charges after he threatened a hiker with a knife on the Appalachian Trail in Franklin County on Friday, state police said. Clay Alan Davis, 52, of Mercer, Maine, is charged with simple assault and disorderly conduct. It happened ...
    Hiker accused of pulling knife on man along Appalachian Trail in Franklin CountyThe Patriot-News
    Police: Man threatens hiker with knifeChambersburg Public Opinion

all 3 news articles »

More...

this is the same guy that came to Damascus 2 years ago looking to do me harm because i called the police on his buddies for smokin' dope at the hostel. it didn't turn out well for him

When a person commits a crime such as this along the AT or any trail the AT, P.C.T, ect should become illegal for that individual to use at a later date.

I agree but tough to enforce.

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOG View Post
    When a person commits a crime such as this along the AT or any trail the AT, P.C.T, ect should become illegal for that individual to use at a later date.
    Just because you have a restraining order against Mr. Smith doesn't mean Mr. Smith won't come knocking on your door to kick your @$$.

Images

impossible to enforce...

i do know they ban people from great smoky mountains national park if they are convicted of certain crimes inside the park (mainly poaching), but i think the only time it is enforced is if a ranger recognizes said offender, or if offender gets caught doing something again.......and in that case, it would be a trespassing charge....

Images

Just because you have a restraining order against Mr. Smith doesn't mean Mr. Smith won't come knocking on your door to kick your @$$.

this is true............and sadly, due to my work, i see evidence of this all the time.......mainly murders or assaults.......

YES very tough to enforce, I feel since the AT is getting so Popular these days the ATC needs to step up and start some kind of Law Enforcement campaingn For the AT, I feel that if the AT had some sort of Law Enforcement ( I mean Actually on the AT ) on the AT, it would Curb the criminal element from the AT and incidents such as this wouldn't happen as often, as it stands people thinks hikers in general "weather it's the AT,PCT or any trail" are easy targets only because their is no Law Enforcement pressence out their, I feel that it's time the ATC stepped up and Did something since the ATC is the Governing force behind the AT, If they don't the crimes will get worse in nature and happen more often.

Oh puh-lezzee......................

Images

I met Clay (I'm sure it's the same guy) on the trail in CT about three weeks ago. He was a creep all right and he really gave me the heebie-jeebies, worst I had in many years. He was harassing women (only women), including the female ridge-runner. She called it in to her supervisor but they were unable to find him, at least so far as I ever heard. I knew it was going to end badly but I'm glad nobody got hurt.

Jane

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    this is the same guy that came to Damascus 2 years ago looking to do me harm because i called the police on his buddies for smokin' dope at the hostel. it didn't turn out well for him
    Sounds like this fella doesn't learn from his mistakes, I doubt incarceration or being whooped off the frame would do the trick either...Nope, he's gonna learn the hard way.

Far less likely to meet a creep on the AT or any trail than within a square mile of my home.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
    Far less likely to meet a creep on the AT or any trail than within a square mile of my home.
    in NJ it's a square block
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    in NJ it's a square block
    ...or three creeps at every corner.

++ New Posts ++