WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Camping in NoVA

Images

Default Camping in NoVA

Heading out this Sunday and figured I'd avoid SNP and Annapolis rocks due to crowds. We have a lot of great stealth sites in Michaux in PA but wanted to find something different. We were thinking Nova around the roller coaster section.

It's been years since I sectioned through here but seem to remember stealth sites on buzzard rock and Crescent rock. We will be hammocking and can bring our own water. We are just overnighting and want a cool site with a view, nice stream, or whatever. Feel free to PM me and I can keep your secret site safe! I LNT and can return the favor.

Many thanks
    Downhill trucker

Images

I've camped on buzzard rocks before but don't consider that a stealth site. There is a view toward the north-northwest from this rock outcropping that gives you a good deal of bright lights to gaze at on clear nights. Not sure , could possibly be IAD in the distance .
    When I think of Stealth camping though I take that it means camping somewhere where it's prohibited , i.e. a community park such as PenMar in Cascade, MD.
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

++ New Posts ++