WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Delorme InReach SE - Messaging and Tracking Failure?

Sanity Check: July 14, 2014

Two folks over on BPL, each with an InReach SE, Firmware Version 2.6.25624, can neither send messages or get tracking to work. Both units have worked in the recent past (June 29th). Both users are experienced. The problem started Sunday,the 13th.

If anyone here with an InReach SE could turn on tracking and send a message - today - and post the result, it would help sort things out.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by flyman83 View Post
    Sanity Check: July 14, 2014

Two folks over on BPL, each with an InReach SE, Firmware Version 2.6.25624, can neither send messages or get tracking to work. Both units have worked in the recent past (June 29th). Both users are experienced. The problem started Sunday,the 13th.

If anyone here with an InReach SE could turn on tracking and send a message - today - and post the result, it would help sort things out.

Thanks.
    My inReach is not the SE verison, but I just sent "test" to [email protected]. I got a response within 15seconds. That shows that the system is working.

I also turned on the tracking feature. The tracking message was received as programed
    Last edited by Shutterbug; 07-14-2014 at 21:41.
    Shutterbug

Thanks.

Over at BPL two are still not talking - one in central california and one in british columbia, but another is. Go figure.

It's a mystery, and disconcerting.

Default has it been fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by flyman83 View Post
    Thanks.

Over at BPL two are still not talking - one in central california and one in british columbia, but another is. Go figure.

It's a mystery, and disconcerting.
    Hi, I was just about to buy one of these this week. Can you tell me if you think the problem has been resolved by now?

Thanks

++ New Posts ++