WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default long trail and heady topper report

long trail is still muddy, rooty, up and downy, buggy, rainy, shady or hot, and there.

heady topper is another problem. you can get it any time at most of the restaurants as advertised on alchemist website. I got it on tap at Arvads in waterbury - didn't look the same as the canned HT and didn't seem the same(are they making it under a license?). plenty of places serve it by the can. early in the season, it was $7 a can - they are proud of it and its still quite good.

Buying some to take home, that's tricky. the stores that get it usually sell out by noon the next day. they ask about $15 for a 4 pak. they limit you to 2 4-paks, sometimes 1 4-pak and seem a little nazi-like in enforcing this rule., and sure don't want to discuss it. the places that advertise cases for $75 are another matter- I spoke with the manager at hunger mountain coop and he said he has a line of a hundred people form and sells out 160 cases in 30 minutes. I would say this without naming names - you could go to a small market (not liquor store) and immediately after getting their share, they might sell you a case or two for $95 each.

craziest was montpelier beverage - they get their allocation on monday but won't sell any till thursday.

oh well...

Whata racket.

Images

Heady Topper is good stuff. But don't you think its a bit of a fad. Its unavailability has given it a boost among the zillion craft beers in Vermont. When I was a kid in the sixties, Coors was the beer that everyone wanted precisely because of its unavailability in New England. People would drive out west to fill their VW bus with Coors and bring it on home to Boston.
    Everything is in Walking Distance

you are totally right bob. I had the same thoughts and others but they gotta do it their way and I decided no one would care anyway. Used to drive to kansas and get a trunkload of coors to take back for a big parteee. oh well....if anyone wants it, thats my wisdom on the how to.

Images

Juma, the first time I got Heady I did not realize how good I had it. I bought 6 cases at the brewery and they would have been happy to sell me more. I have been dry for a while and will be making a trip back up there in August. A 4-pack just will not cut it. I have thirsty friends.

And I have never been able to get any Lawson's. Last time I was an hour too late at the Warren Country Store..

Quote Originally Posted by imscotty View Post
    Juma, the first time I got Heady I did not realize how good I had it. I bought 6 cases at the brewery and they would have been happy to sell me more. I have been dry for a while and will be making a trip back up there in August. A 4-pack just will not cut it. I have thirsty friends.

And I have never been able to get any Lawson's. Last time I was an hour too late at the Warren Country Store..
    best way on lawson's is to go to the farmer's market they have in warren once a month (?) and buy directly from lawson. or go to the mad taco in waitsfield - they have it on tap.

Images

Thanks for the tips Juma

++ New Posts ++