WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I use the plastic bread wrapper closers for my clothes pins, works well, can carry a few more. Also, you don't say which Hennessey your using or if you've switched out your suspension. When I switched out to amsteel blue, I saved about 1/2 lb. I'm now going to start using my poncho as my rain fly over my hammock and eliminate a continuous ridgeline because of abrasion (adding shock cord for tensioning). Still not willing to give up my snakeskins. :-)

The plastic bread wrapper wire is a great idea! Sweet! I am using the Hennessy Hammock Explorer Ultralight Asym Classic (wow, I am out of breath). I have the snake skins, and I am new to hammocks. Why would I change out my suspension? I do like the continuous ridgeline, but I open to new ideas. Shock cord and amstel blue? please elaborate.
    "May life be as spiritually rich as it is materially simple" Aboriginal Proverb

I'm not familiar with the ultralights suspension, I have the Explorer and the Scout. The original roping on the ends is quite thick and one had metal S hooks. Amsteel blue is one type of hollow core cording that is very strong. Check out some videos on YouTube of hammocks and whoopie slings. I also made my own tree straps out of seat belt material that are lighter than a purchased set. I've found that any "girdling" of trees happens on the side away from the hammock. So made my straps shorter to protect that area.

How do you like you kuhl rain coat? I have an OR Helium 2 but have yet to be stuck in a bad downpour. I have read spme good stuff about kuhl stuff, just wanted to see if you have seen any good rain in it yet.

It looks alright. I just switched it out from my military gortex rain coat. It was the only one at the garage sale at REI. I have read nothing but good things about the coat. The inside reflex's body heat back to keep you warm, but also breaths. I got it for 20 bucks and the retail was 140. So its what I am sticking with. http://www.rei.com/product/846172/ku...descriptionTab
    "May life be as spiritually rich as it is materially simple" Aboriginal Proverb

Gear list...hmm

OP looks pretty prepared to me...Go For It!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++