WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default To Indie, Oconee (O'Coney??), & Ruff - thank you!

I don't know of any other way to reach out to 3 thru-hikers that I met last week-end and wanted to express my gratitude for their kindnesses !! If any one knows these folks, please pass along my comments to them

To Oconee (sp?) and Ruff (?) - (This Maryland girl and her ears didn't think to ask the correct spelling). I interrupted you during your break at Pine Knob Shelter in Maryland. You graciously took the time to answer all my questions and more. Then you invited me to walk along with you a bit, which was a thrill for me, and I learned so much more about what thru-hiking is like, especially how hungry you get. I hope Ruff remains on the trail after stopping off at home in Pennsylvania and I hope Oconee continues to watch each and every sunrise.

To Indie - you literally took my breath away and stopped me in my tracks with the "trail mail" message you left for me !!! You made my day - week - year, and inspired me to give the trail a shot. I spent this week starting my research; I'm going to do it. Likely section hikes - I want to take lots of time to smell the roses, so to speak. Hopefully, I'll look as fresh, relaxed, and happy as you did - thanks for taking time out of your hike to share some thoughts. And then taking the extra time to leave me such an inspiring note.

Happy trails and safe traveling to each of you You all left a mark on me.

-Anita

Ricky and his Husky Jack
    Images

where/when did you encounter them?
    Me: Ricky
    Husky: Jack
    Skeeter-Beeter Pro Hammock.
    From Dalton, Georgia (65 mi above Altanta, 15mi south of Chattanooga)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky&Jack View Post
    where/when did you encounter them?
    the previous week-end: Saturday, June 7; Pine Knob shelter and between Annapolis Rocks (in Maryland)

And that is what the trail magic is, folks! ; - )

So you met thru hikers and they talked about food?

hum... :P
    Awwww. Fat Mike, too?

++ New Posts ++