WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hello

Enjoyed the show Mags. It was my first listen and I like the banter and beer talk. I enjoyed the IAT section but I'd love to know who all these people were demanding an IAT segment on the show! lol They sure aren't out on the trail!!! Like Luke eluded to on the show your odds of running into another section or thru hiker on the trail are pretty slim. But I thought he did a good job of conveying the nature of the trail and where it is at relative to other trails. I had the same realization at one point that the roads and towns are not what gets me hiking (I would prefer to be in mountains and crossing streams) but it is a cool way to see towns and lives you would never otherwise see unless your car broke down while passing through.

Thanks for the plug Mags! I'll definitely check it out, and post the link on the IAT "Wannabees" page on FB.
    www.postholer.com/Turtle Feet
    Follow me as I crawl the A.T.
    Life is an adventure or nothing at all ~ Hellen Keller

Congrats on your "Part 1" Trinn! I probably have only a 100 questions for you as I'm starting a thru-hike next July.

My number one question for those segments is water. Did you find it easy enough to source that you could carry 1.5-2L at a time, or did you need to carry more?

My number two question is regarding trail angels up there where a ride to town might be required to resupply. I'm not keen on hitchhiking. Did you find the list of shuttle people helpful or not?

Hope you had a great time in our beautiful state - we'll see you again in the spring!
    www.postholer.com/Turtle Feet
    Follow me as I crawl the A.T.
    Life is an adventure or nothing at all ~ Hellen Keller

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++