WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Outdoor gear price checker

If you are like me and don't ever want to pay full retail on hiking and other outdoor gear, try this outdoor gear price checker, it searches through the top on-line retailers super fast.

If you sort by %off you should see the top prices near the top.

In the attached example I searched for "big agnes fly creek" tent, sorted by % off and you can see couple of retailers selling it for 35% off.
    Screen Shot 2014-04-18 at 4.46.10 PM.jpg

What do you think? Useful?

Neat idea but it seems incomplete or broken. For example I searched "marmot precip" and "osprey atmos" both common items I know to be in stock at some of the stores they list and it returned no results.

I've 510ad mixed results with this site. I seem to find most of my best deals by word of mouth from posts on the different forums. On that note my latest score was a Western Mountaineering bag from Hermits Hut. These folks are top notch! I bought an Alpinlite long 6'6" with a 3 ounce overfill for $510 shipped!

Use TheFind.com
    Much better imo

Journal Entries
    Images

I found mixed results - I used Northface fleese and it quoted a higher price than REI, than what I just bought
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Hey Matt, I just tried looking for marmot precip and got the below results (sorted by % off) with discounts of up to 65% off.
    Screen Shot 2014-05-26 at 10.33.22 AM.jpg

Also tried osprey atmos and found one for $147 (30% off) at moose jaw and 3 other retailers selling it for 25% off (as show below).

Screen Shot 2014-05-26 at 10.37.43 AM.jpg

Combine this with a coupon code (when one is available) and you are set. Would you mind trying again to see if you get better results? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mattjv89 View Post
    Neat idea but it seems incomplete or broken. For example I searched "marmot precip" and "osprey atmos" both common items I know to be in stock at some of the stores they list and it returned no results.

Thanks for trying and giving feedback. I own a WM bag my self and love it!
    So I've tried the gear search again and found 4 merchants selling the alpinlite bag with prices at $524.95 (screen capture below) which is now as good as $510 you paid but, if you were able to use one of the coupon codes the prices often end up being better than anywhere else you can find. I picked up a pair of dynafit backcountry skis this way for 65% off from campsaver (45 off + 20% off coupon code). Hope you will give it another try when looking for something else on sale.

Screen Shot 2014-05-26 at 10.44.23 AM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Bear View Post
    I've 510ad mixed results with this site. I seem to find most of my best deals by word of mouth from posts on the different forums. On that note my latest score was a Western Mountaineering bag from Hermits Hut. These folks are top notch! I bought an Alpinlite long 6'6" with a 3 ounce overfill for $510 shipped!

Thanks for testing it out!
    Which fleece did you go with? I just tried searching for northface fleece and I'm seeing merchants like backcountry selling north face fleece for up to 65% off (see attached screenshot below)
    Screen Shot 2014-05-26 at 11.04.54 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2014-05-26 at 11.08.57 AM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    I found mixed results - I used Northface fleese and it quoted a higher price than REI, than what I just bought

spadout.com has been doing the same for nearly a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by AliciaG View Post
    Hey Matt, I just tried looking for marmot precip and got the below results (sorted by % off) with discounts of up to 65% off.

..... Would you mind trying again to see if you get better results? Thanks!
    Tried it again and still the same search results, meaning none. I'm also curious what your affiliation to this site is, specifically are you working for them by pushing this thread? Since a WHOIS lookup finds the domain registered to the same city you happen to live in.

Quote Originally Posted by mattjv89 View Post
    Are you looking for the 35,45 or 65 liter http://www.spadout.com/nsearch_v3.ph...h=osprey+atmos+

Which marmot precip, pants or jacket, men's women's or kids? http://www.spadout.com/nsearch_v3.ph...=marmot+precip

++ New Posts ++