WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Gainesville to Amicalola falls

How's the hitching prospects from Home Depot/Walmart area in Gainesville, GA to Amicalola Falls? I will be in Gainesville around April 2nd and am curious if any locals reading this use that route quite often? I would appreciate a ride offer towards the park and can help pay for gas. Thanks

hi Bagge Pants, I live in Gainesville....Are u coming in on the bus or train.....what time are u needing a ride. Get back to me.

Images

Hey 22weather, Im arriving via a rideshare. We leave AZ on March 28. I am getting dropped off in town. That actually date and time of arrival is unknown at the moment but If you'd like to coordinate a meet up I'd be much obliged. Ill update this thread when I get closer. Cheers

hey Bagge Pants, I'm 4.3 miles from Walmart -Home Depo (their very close together) April 2 and 3..... I'm off those days so... that's good. If its other times you might have to hang around the house until I get of work but it looks like 2th -3rd could be winners. Walmart and Home Depo are on the Dawsonville Hwy. or Hwy. 53 which goes str8 into Dawsonville,Ga. the address of Springer Mt.

Images

OK, Thanks for the replies. Sounds like a plan is in the mix. If I arrive the 1st I could walk over to your place and tent or I can grab a tent site at River Forks Park.

BP, even if I'm working.....I work odd hours (7pm- 7am) it's only about a 50 minute drive. You might have to kill some time while I'm at work but then I could run you over after I'm off. My email is [email protected] and I can give you a more detailed schedule when I work and off. Also this road that Home Depo's on is a str8 shot to the trail .....if I'm at work, you could always try to hitch a ride and then call me if it doesn't work, but a lot of folks from Dawsonville work in Gainesville so if it's around 5:00pm the odds are good. One way or the other we'll get you there.

Wondering if you might be able to help me out. As of right now in coming in to ATL on April 2. Ron brown wanted to charge me $120 to get amicalola which I think is an outrage. So I'm think about catching a ride up to Gainesville via greyhound. I've seen you offered another person a ride as well. Anyway let me know 22weather. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where's a good cheap central place to stay in Gainesville (as my flight is leaving in 10 hours LOL)!

Hi I'm thru-hiking the AT this year and I was hoping somebody could help me find a way to Amicalola Falls on Wednesday, April 16. I'll be coming by bus from Atlanta on Tuesday evening and getting a hotel/motel somewhere in town. Any tips on a decent place that's close to the route to the trail terminus would be appreciated. Please shoot me an email at [email protected]. Thanks!!!

++ New Posts ++