WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Shuttle Around Greenwood Lake NY?

I am planning my section from Waynesboro to somewhere around Greenwood Lake NY. To get home, it looks like I can get the train at Tuxedo Park, which will take me to Newark Airport. I'm open to suggestions, but right now it looks like I can end my section at Greenwood Lake. Then I need a shuttle to Tuxedo Park (I think a taxi would be too expensive) to the train station. Anyone have a number for a shuttle in that area? Thanks!

LT '79; AT '73-'14 in sections; Donating Member Kerosene's Avatar
    Images

I believe that I used Greenwood Taxi, having them shuttle me out to the NY-17 trailhead for a mid-winter day hike. I don't recall the price. A list of shuttlers available in New York can be found here.
    GA←↕→ME: 1973 to 2014

Journal Entries

try Google maps & select public transit many options avaialbele in that AT section.

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Yep.. I called a taxi when I was there. Worked perfect.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I know there is a taxi service in Greenwood Lake, and if push comes to shove, I'll use it. I am trying to keep the costs down by using a shuttler. There are none listed anywhere I've looked, including this site. But if anyone knows of someone, I'd be glad to get the phone number.

There is also a bus from Greenwood lake that will take you to NYC's Port Authority in midtown Manhattan where you can get a bus to newark airport (or walk half a mile to Penn Station for a train). Either option looks to be 2-3 hours depending on your timing.

FWIW, I used a cab in that area that was a dollar a mile for the 6 miles from West Millford (where there is a bus to NYC) to the trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Mando12 View Post
    Sorry if I wasn't clear, I know there is a taxi service in Greenwood Lake, and if push comes to shove, I'll use it. I am trying to keep the costs down by using a shuttler. There are none listed anywhere I've looked, including this site. But if anyone knows of someone, I'd be glad to get the phone number.
    Have you scrounged around the ATC site for this year's shuttle suppliers list? I've always found it helpful.

Images

I have used the bus between Greennwood Lake and Port Authority. One time getting off the trail. One time getting back to the trail. Both times the bus was on time and clean. Not sure if that will help you but I think it would. The bus ride was about 2.5 hours with a lot of stops.

When do you think you will be in that area? I am about 1/2 hr away and try to help the community when I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I expect to reach Greenwood Lake around 28 June. Would like to spend the night there and then head to Newark on 29 June.
    Any recommendations on a place to stay in Greenwood Lake?

++ New Posts ++