WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Although I can understand not wanting to get out of a warm bag on a cold-rainy-snowy night, man up for your fellow shelter users and don't use a pee bottle. Hiked with a great guy that had the misfortune of being on the bottom tier of a two tier shelter and getting a yellow shower from a tipped over pee bottle. One of the few people that could deal with this without becoming totally unglued, bless him for his kind and forgiving nature. Guiseppe

Quote Originally Posted by divegary View Post
    Although I can understand not wanting to get out of a warm bag on a cold-rainy-snowy night, man up for your fellow shelter users and don't use a pee bottle. Hiked with a great guy that had the misfortune of being on the bottom tier of a two tier shelter and getting a yellow shower from a tipped over pee bottle. One of the few people that could deal with this without becoming totally unglued, bless him for his kind and forgiving nature. Guiseppe
    Golden shower on the AT!!! Ha think ill pass on the pee bottle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Damn Yankee View Post
    I am a firm believer in not *****ting where you eat(or sleep) there is just something wrong with peeing anywhere near a shelter. Once the weather gets warm, I would imagine it would stink, possible germs or viruses and the aforementioned salty animal attractant. Maybe it's just me. Also, while in Iraq, we slept in what were affectionately called coffins and pee bottles were acceptable but, in a shelter? I'm not sure about that.
    Ahh, yes, Iraq. Gatorade bottles were a girl's best friend there. Until I discovered the "Go Girl'. Best invention for women in the field ever.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by divegary View Post
    I would have become more than unglued...I would have torn apart at the seams (the guy too).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++