WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Wounded Warrior Project Hikers?

My family would love to follow your journeys. We live 10 minutes or so from Neels Gap/ Mountain Crossing, so if you want a hot home cooked meal on your way through let me know, I can pick you up and get you back. If the hostel is full, we can put you up for the night also. PM here.
    And thanks for all you have done.

There's also a gaggle of Warrior Hike hikers.... 10 still threading north. www.warriorhike.com and there's a mother/daughter team hiking off the war(s) sponsoring the Stop Soldier Suicide too http://postwarhike.blogspot.com/
    Seekers eternally Seek, Finders never Find because there is nothing to be found, Those who Know, Just Are. Be happy first... and then let life be what you have caused it to become!

I didnt even know Warrior Hike existed before I read this post, I was trying to figure out how doing a thru hike would be feasible for me on a disabled veteran's budget. With the boss lady's approval and their help, I will be applying for their 2015 hike.

I put in my application in months ago and waiting on my interview. You are not limited to the AT, they also have 3 or 4 other trails such as the PCT. Also, there are only 6 WH'ers at this point. They started off with 8 and lost 2 on the way.

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."
    Isaiah 55:12

By the way, I think the OP is confusing the WH with WWP.

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."
    Isaiah 55:12

I have my application going out in the mail today, I am just hoping where they have me to list my injuries it doesn't disqualify me. I had an ankle reconstruction and two shoulder surgeries but I have faith in myself that I can make it (I did 6 months in a deployment and two PT tests before I even had the surgery, feats which the doctor claimed was humanly impossible.)

Quote Originally Posted by AfghanVet View Post
    I have my application going out in the mail today, I am just hoping where they have me to list my injuries it doesn't disqualify me. I had an ankle reconstruction and two shoulder surgeries but I have faith in myself that I can make it (I did 6 months in a deployment and two PT tests before I even had the surgery, feats which the doctor claimed was humanly impossible.)

I hope they accept you and DY.

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Well, I got the reply from Sean this morning from Warrior Hike that they received my application. Crossing my fingers till fall.

Good luck AfghanVet. I participated in 2014 and it was an amazing experience. Sean is a great advocate for our veterans!

I applied this year for the warrior hike and didn't get accepted, so I decided to fundraise and hike it alone. I was informed they're only allowed to take 10 people on the AT due to 'park regulations' on group sizes, but either way I hope it works out for you.

++ New Posts ++