WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
    Images

the trail starts at springer mtn . it used to start at Oglethorpe mtn but they moved it to springer . it is your hike my friend and your decision if it counts or not . out of the people i drop off that are thru hiking start at either place . have a safe hike and if you need some help while you are here look me up . peace my friend .. Donald " grateful " ballard

I’d be pretty surprised if any of the people online that have strong opinions on this question have actually thru hiked, if that helps answer any questions.

But you do you, bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta love it. This thread is nearing 4 y/o, and still going strong. It made for a good winter afternoon read. Some very strong opinions about a topic with no right or wrong answer, which did not stop some posters from looking pretty stupid, or arrogant, or just a bit mean spirited. I guess this is one of those posts that was the equivalent of "hike your own hike". "Post your own post". Let me say one thing. On day one of my hike, with a full compliment of hikers, say about 30, at the Hawk Mountain Shelter, no one, not one person asked or cared about the Approach Trail. I guess it just did not matter.

Still, a fun read.
    "How can something this hard be so much fun".

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
++ New Posts ++