WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: New Iphone App

Default New Iphone App

So Leigh and I have made an app for the A.T. We partnered up Awol use the data from The A.T. Guide. We spent over 2 years in development and hundereds of hours testing it. We thinks it is great for hikers and hope others will as well.
    All of that being said, we know it is not perfect and want feed back on both problems and what we can do to improve the app.
    If you have a reason to download it please take time tomcome here and give feedback.

Thanks
    Hikerhostel.com
    Trail-guides.com
    Profile '00
    www.hikerhostel.com

Will this be released on the android market in the near future? Not all of us are loyal to the Apple brand :P

A little info about how to use it would be helpful. I couldn't find instructions or a help screen. I discovered that you can swap between nobo and sobo with the compass icon.

Zooming in and moving the map is very slow. I'm using an iPhone 4s.

Tapping the shelter icons in the list just goes to a blank page, is that right? It would be nice to zoom in on that place on the map when I tap one of them.

lf I'm not on the trail, how can I set my location manually? Does it always use the GPS? What does the satellite icon do?

So yeah, it looks good, but I have a lot of basic questions on how to use it...

Forrest

Quote Originally Posted by samfsmith View Post
    A little info about how to use it would be helpful. I couldn't find instructions or a help screen. I discovered that you can swap between nobo and sobo with the compass icon.

Zooming in and moving the map is very slow. I'm using an iPhone 4s.

Tapping the shelter icons in the list just goes to a blank page, is that right? It would be nice to zoom in on that place on the map when I tap one of them.

lf I'm not on the trail, how can I set my location manually? Does it always use the GPS? What does the satellite icon do?

So yeah, it looks good, but I have a lot of basic questions on how to use it...

Forrest

Same questions/comments and I've tried on both iPhone5 and iPad mini. Sent the questions directly to you Josh. Performance is a real issue for me. I want this app to work

I emailed Josh with the same questions and he replied quite promptly that he'd forwarded the questions to the developer, but I've not heard back from him. I had the same performance issues using an iphone 5 and similarly would like to see some directions on how all the features are supposed to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone gotten any info about fixes to this app or an update? I haven't, despite emailing the developer multiple times. Now I'm just hoping to get a refund.

I have the app too, and have the same problems as everyone else - seems not to be ready for prime time. Released too soon?

AWOL reported to me that the developer says there's an update pending approval from Apple for the App Store. Fingers crossed it happens before April 1!

No word still on a droid friendly version?

That's above my pay grade. Which is zero.

++ New Posts ++