WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RCBear View Post
    Again double standard. On the trail off the trail, it doesnt matter. Creepy is a differant story, by man or beast or by woman
    Not everything has to have a single standard Canoe. 2[/QUOTE] Sure it does. Why would you say it does nt

Quote Originally Posted by RCBear View Post
    Not everything has to have a single standard Canoe. Things don't have to be equal to be fair. I think if anyone doesn't get what I am saying about the role reversals not being equal footed, nor should they be, is not understanding the dynamics between opposite sex's interactions. Men can intimidate women in the outdoors. Very few women can intimidate a man on the trail. Boardroom and office settings, sure. But not in the settings we are discussing. It's really just that simple.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2
    I agree completely with your thoughts on equality and your second point about intimidation.

Quote Originally Posted by canoe View Post
    I am very clear in my understanding the dynamics between the opposite sex interaction. If a woman is intimatdated in the woods it means she is intimadated out of the woods too,
    RCBear is saying 2 is greater than 1. You're saying 2 is greater than 1 and 3 is greater than 1.

RCBear said nothing about 3 not being greater than 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra2015 View Post
    I agree completely with your thoughts on equality and your second point about intimidation.

RCBear is saying 2 is greater than 1. You're saying 2 is greater than 1 and 3 is greater than 1.

RCBear said nothing about 3 not being greater than 1.
    I said no such thing

I said no such thing
    Haha, I was sounding like I was speaking in tongues, wasn't I? Ignore me, this conversation has kick started my logical side.

I just meant your argument was maybe a little superfluous.

Images

I agree that women can often be intimidated, both in or out of the woods, especially if they are young/inexperienced or shy/reserved/non-confrontational personalities. But that doesn't mean that women need to be "guarded" preemptively by every well-meaning guy. Generally it's best to just monitor the situation, as most unwanted advances will go away on their own once interest is not returned. If they don't, well, sure, that's when you might want to, for starters, have a serious little talk with the offending party. It might be time for them to take a zero or two.

Do you mean redundant. Of course it is

Do you mean redundant. Of course it is
    superfluous[ soo-pur-floo-uhs ]
    adjective
    1. being more than is sufficient or required; excessive.
    2. unnecessary or needless.
    3. possessing or spending more than enough or necessary; extravagant.

Here's one that should make you girls laugh. Put on your big man panties on, and get on up the trail.

Ah, we're all friends here.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be nose deep in trail dirt soon enough. And that'll teach me real humility.

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMom58 View Post
    Thanks Sierra, I try. :>) I'm not perfect. I can get mad/ upset too & kindness goes out the window. I try not to go there!

I find this thread interesting & I'm chiming in a lot b/c, my daughter had a creepy guy hiking with her.
    You should chime in more. I talk too much.

Ah, we're all friends here.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be nose deep in trail dirt soon enough. And that'll teach me real humility.
    Yes everyone is friends. And you will have a great hike. 99.9% of the people on the trail will have your back. Trail people for the most part are protective and helpful of others on the trail. Male and female.

there should be some way for a man to say" I've enjoyed talking to you wanna hike together tomorrow?"
    some men don't get the I'm not interested in you vibes, a lot is body language, it's not difficult, grow up and be a man, not a 5 yr old
    but getting all over a woman like a cheap suit is way out of line.
    yes respect and being a gentleman

When I was a young man I got hit on often enough by gay men. I was a waiter so I must be gay right!
    Never gave out any consensual vibes. It was very creepy.
    So guys think about some gay man pawing you, you ask him to stop and he doesn't.
    Don't do the same think to women.

[QUOTE=squeezebox;1851959]When I was a young man I got hit on often enough by gay men. I was a waiter so I must be gay right!
    Never gave out any consensual vibes. It was very creepy.
    So guys think about some gay man pawing you, you ask him to stop and he doesn't.
    Don't do the same think to women.[/QUOTE

Pawing is always
    just completely not ok
    dogs included too

While I can't speak of the specifics relating to trail life, I have practical everyday experience with being the outnumbered sex on long trips away from home.

When you are one of just 20-30 girls in a crew of 200+ away from home for 6 months adopting your crew as family can make the difference between an awesome trip and a screaming need to jump overboard and swim for shore.

My crew are both FAMILY and my MATES, which I think may be a slightly Aussie way of looking at things.

In Australia, a 'mate' is more than just a friend. It's a term that implies a sense of shared experience, mutual respect and unconditional assistance.

Mateship is a mode of conduct that stresses equality, friendship, and solidarity.

While I am a strong independent woman, I sure as **** like knowing someone's got my back.

I think Bills idea of treating everyone like family is pretty spot on with the exception of being just aimed at men to women.

I try to always remember that everyone is someone's mum/dad/brother/sister/son/daughter and treat them exactly how I would want someone to treat my family.

So feel free to wrestle me for the last piece of pavlova at Christmas .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Wear Crocs, problem solved.

You should chime in more. I talk too much.
    Girl, I'm still here. You're doing great!

I've been busy talkin & loadin. I had to help load up my donated couch & loveseat. My new friend is helping get it down to the new hiker hostel in GA! Sir-packs-alot's new hostel. It's been a great day!

My Opinion:

Men who brag they slept with a trail side host's wife, or support "pink blazing", don't know what a gentleman is.

Women who hustle for free drinks or dinners, don't know what a gentleman is.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

I think a gentleman is someone who doesn't shame young women or make presumptions about them.

Quote Originally Posted by WingedMonkey View Post
    My Opinion:

Men who brag they slept with a trail side host's wife, or support "pink blazing", don't know what a gentleman is.

Women who hustle for free drinks or dinners, don't know what a gentleman is.
    I see you're walking the fine line between "attack" and "personal attack". A little passive-aggressive don't you think?

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++