WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Journal Entries

Default Dazed and Confuzed

I just joined this site three days ago. I'm still having a hard time navigating. I admit, I'm not very computer savvy. OK I'm a caveman when it comes to this sort of thing, but I can tie a hell of a knot and I'm a damn good camp cook. I'm here trying to make some friends and learn a little about the trail. I'm doing some section hikes this year and plan on doing a nobo thru hike next March. Any conversation is appreciated., Thanks, Julio

Registered User Teacher & Snacktime's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Well, you're on your way....even if you don't know where you're going. You're on your way, taking your time but your don't know where. Say goodbye to Rosie (the Queen of Corona), and I'll meet you and Paul down by the schoolyard.

(as you can see, you're not the only one dazed and confused)
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Hello, and welcome to whiteblaze.
    IF you want information on a certain subject, best to search with google I believe and include the word whiteblaze in your search.
    That's what I do anyway.

The menu on the left of the homepage has many great articles and information on many many subjects.

Read up on what you want to know, including areas near you and post a question or answer a question once in a while, and you'll soon find out people who live near you, more info on shelters, the trail, restrictions, and much much more in your area.

Good luck and have fun.
    By the way, how's the snow in NY?
    Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams

Journal Entries

The snow up here is ass deep on a 10 foot Indian.

Yo Julio, welcome to WB. Hope you are hunkered down in your blizzard du jour. The good news for you is that a non-computer savy caveman should fit right in on the trail. Feeling like a fish out of water here in the long run is not a big deal. Another tip is that if your are looking for some info, searching Whiteblaze using Google is sometimes easier (many complain that they can't find stuff using the WB search engine, but it will pop up right away on a Google search). Also, if you click the What's New? button at the top of the screen, you will see all the most recent posts in all the different fora. If you stop in often, it's an easy way to keep up to date with what is being discussed. Some threads will be helpful, some are irrelevant, some deteriorate into silliness, but you can decide.

So where are you planning to section this summer? I'm hoping to hit central VA. And by all means, share some of your camp cooking recipes!

OMO

Quote Originally Posted by Julio View Post
    ha ha, I like that one...welcome to white blaze, lots of great info to be had here for the reading/asking.

Dazed and Confuzed? If you like talking about yourself and your hiking ideas you came to the right place. Welcome to the hiking asylum.

The pure air and dazzling snow belong to things beyond....almost beyond.... the reach of life. Yet, such things are a part of our life, neither the least noble nor the most terrible.

Think of it this way. You could have been been in Australia today where temps reached 110*+ F. http://www.eldoradocountyweather.com...l-extremes.php

Images

Did you mean [in family and foreigner friendly politically correct nomenclature] "Buttocks deep to a 3 meter Native American"?

Welcome to Whiteblaze

Journal Entries

I stand "politically corrected"!

Journal Entries

Seein' me you and Julio down by the AT ( do-do-doo-dooto doot!)

Journal Entries

Hey Dogwood, I spend a good portion of every summer in Seaside and IBSP. Good fishing and claming. Miracle bar in Tom's River is one of my favorite stops.

Journal Entries

Old man Out, My first trip is going to be the section that runs from New Jersey to Delaware water gap. I love chatting with people who share similar interests so I'll be on here a bit. Soon enough I will be sharing stories and some good camp recipes. Thanks for the reply.

Julio, I had a hard time getting around on this forum too at first. What I do is just click on <What's New?>, which is a button up near the top. That takes you to a list of the latest threads. Find something you like and start reading.

Another thing I didn't realize until I had fooled around awhile, is that there is a little icon to the left of the thread subject that will take you straight to the last unread post in a thread. That's very handy if you have read some of the thread before - you don't have to scroll through stuff you have already gone over.

Images

Julio,I have a number of spreadsheets, gear with weights and costs, food and training info. If you are interested,send me a note (PM) with your email address and I will forward to you, Good Luck, this is a nice place to hang.

Registered User Teacher & Snacktime's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Seein' me you and Julio down by the AT ( do-do-doo-dooto doot!)
    That's what I'm saying! ( in my dazed and confused manner of course )
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Journal Entries

Q-tip, I welcome and appreciate all info regarding the AT. Thank you in advance. [email protected]

Old man Out, My first trip is going to be the section that runs from New Jersey to Delaware water gap. I love chatting with people who share similar interests so I'll be on here a bit. Soon enough I will be sharing stories and some good camp recipes. Thanks for the reply.
    On the whole, NJ tends to get a bad rap from people, yet in surveys of people's favorite states on the AT, NJ always ranks very high. I have not hiked that section yet, but hope to some day. Looking forward to the recipes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++