WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Good for you. I just got some pretty crappy news from my employer which makes me want to put my 2 weeks in right now and leave April 1st. I been saying "this is the year" for the past 3 years or so but never seems to happen. Think I just need a swift kick in the a$$. Good luck on your hike! MAYBE I'll gather enough courage to do the same.
    Smile, Smile, Smile.... Mile after Mile

Quote Originally Posted by 88BlueGT View Post
    Good for you. I just got some pretty crappy news from my employer which makes me want to put my 2 weeks in right now and leave April 1st. I been saying "this is the year" for the past 3 years or so but never seems to happen. Think I just need a swift kick in the a$$. Good luck on your hike! MAYBE I'll gather enough courage to do the same.
    EDIT: I didn't know what year it was.... I've been saying that for about 6 years :/

I just put in my notice at the beginning of last week, unsure of what my employer's response would be but prepared for the worst. To my surprise, not only are they very supportive of the idea and giving me a leave of absence, but they've also offered to pay my rent for the months I'm gone to keep me from having to find a new place to live when I get back. The best of all worlds, and amazing trail magic before the trail!.

Journal Entries

I got 3 weeks left. your boss seems amazing Cozaar!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    YOUTUBE: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCMDkRcGP1yP20SOD-oiSGcQ
    Instagram: DIGGER_PCT_2016
    twitter: @takethisbread
    AT 2x, LT, JMT, CT, Camino, Ireland Coast to Coast, HWT, WT, NET, NST, PCT

Default Liberating doesn't even begin to describe the feeling...

Quote Originally Posted by Austin 2014 View Post
    I just told my boss my last day of work will be February 28. I hit the approach trail on March 22. It's officially official! Woo hoo! Good luck to all of you quitting your jobs in the coming weeks. It's scary but feels so liberating once it's done!
    "What do you mean you're leaving??" "You're leaving your job to do WHAT?!" "But...but..."

Just this morning, I've been called crazy, insane, irresponsible, loco, and baddass. I'll take baddass and run with it.

Good to see some more dirty-30's doing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpelican View Post
    "What do you mean you're leaving??" "You're leaving your job to do WHAT?!" "But...but..."

Just this morning, I've been called crazy, insane, irresponsible, loco, and baddass. I'll take baddass and run with it.

Good to see some more dirty-30's doing the same thing.
    I brought up the idea to a few friends the other day and was scolded like I had just murdered someone. Irresponsible was definitely the word of the night.

Hello Austin 2014- Congrats My last day of work will be in 3 years. Good Luck on your adventure and hope to see your name in the 2000 miler club!!!

Images

rock on remember dont get locked in on the miles each day take it all in it really is the journey not the destination good luck stay focused even on a sucky day you can find something cool about it

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++