WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bump........ http://theathiker.com/ This is a good link!

A mistake I made was to buy 2 extra pairs of shoes so my wife could just pop them in the mail when I decided I needed them. It turns out that my feet actually became almost a full size larger during the hike and although I had hiked in this brand and make for more than 5 years, I didn't like them on my thru hike. 20 mile days each and every day is very different from occasional day hikes and short trips where your feet get to recover between hikes. In my case it turned out that the gore tex in my shoes was causing sweating and holding in moisture which caused blisters to form and never heal. I'd recommend you replace shoes on the fly and not "stock up" beforehand.

Do you think the large sea to summit pack cover fits your Aether 70L well? It it tight or loose? Catch wind? Trying to decide between medium and large.

Quote Originally Posted by scouthawk View Post
    Do you think the large sea to summit pack cover fits your Aether 70L well? It it tight or loose? Catch wind? Trying to decide between medium and large.
    Depends on how much gear I have. But I like the large because I use it as a water barrier for when I leave my pack in the vestibule of my tent. If I'm carrying a close to full pack,it could be tighter, yes. But it doesn't bother me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++